Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Individual vegetabel and dip

sky

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 6:18 pm
I would like to make individual cups of vegetable sticks and dip for a simcha buffet.
Something like this but maybe a bigger to cup to hold more veggies.

Maybe this size:

Questions:
Anyone ever do this?
What size cups would be best? I really want slightly bigger then the picture to hold more veggies? any size suggestion, brand, shape? I don't want to spend too much on cups.
It will be sitting out a bit so what dressing can I make that won't go bad - is a mayonnaise dressing safe? They make salads with it and leave it out for a simcha but is it really okay.

thanks.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 7:05 pm
Are you sure you want to make it bigger than these?
I've done something very similar for a sheva brochos and this was the appetizer on each plate. A few sticks of carrots, cucumber and pepper was perfect amount. Thats if you have a lot more to the meal. Unless this is a main part of your meal...

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:38 pm
sky wrote:
I would like to make individual cups of vegetable sticks and dip for a simcha buffet.
Something like this but maybe a bigger to cup to hold more veggies.

Maybe this size:

Questions:
Anyone ever do this?
What size cups would be best? I really want slightly bigger then the picture to hold more veggies? any size suggestion, brand, shape? I don't want to spend too much on cups.
It will be sitting out a bit so what dressing can I make that won't go bad - is a mayonnaise dressing safe? They make salads with it and leave it out for a simcha but is it really okay.

thanks.

Make sure the cups are not too shallow as you want the veggie sticks to stand up straight and not fall over like the bottom photo.
How about a ranch dip with a mix of tofutti sour cream and mayo?

penguin

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:42 pm
Re: spoilage, you could set up a tray of crushed ice, maybe with a piece of glass on top to make it steady, and then put the cups on that.

sky

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 9:55 am
thanks for advice.
I'm hoping if the veggies are fresh they will stand up nicer.
I tried it out in a shnapps glass and a wider taller glass and the shnapps glass looked more appropriate - but like ra_mom said it may be too short to last the night.
I'm going to check out what they have in the store.

sky

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 10:08 am
ra_mom wrote:
Make sure the cups are not too shallow as you want the veggie sticks to stand up straight and not fall over like the bottom photo.
How about a ranch dip with a mix of tofutti sour cream and mayo?

How do you make ranch dip with toffuti sour cream?

Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics