Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Kindercare Pediatrics (vs ODA)

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 2:27 am
I have been very happy with our pediatrician at ODA who we've been using since my oldest child was born. I also have been very happy with a PA we have seen several times for sick or urgent care visits when our regular doctor was unavailable. Been reasonably satisfied with the other doctors and PAs as well. Nurses have been friendly, I appreciate that they recognize us even though we must be one of zillions of families they see all the time. Thrilled with the way their whole system works together; e.g. bloodwork done right away on the spot, once needed an x-ray so they sent us upstairs, it was done pretty shortly, and on the doctor's computer screen by the time we got back downstairs; prescriptions and referrals sent straight to pharmacy/providers, all in all a very good experience.

However the crowding and wait times have gotten so bad that despite liking it so much it just feels not worth it anymore. Plus it's not that close to home, not terrible but to have to shlep there and THEN wait an hour to be seen just adds up to a wasted day for every little thing.

I am torn about this because we really do like our doctor a lot. But it's just insane already and shows no signs of improving, I think I've given it about a year already and it hasn't gotten any better. Some times it's better and sometimes it's worse, so any appointment you take the chance of being in that building nearly two hours.

Some of my neighbors said they use Kindercare and I would like to hear some more reviews, especially if anyone has used both and can compare. It's closer to my house and they say the doctors are good and they don't have the wait time issue. But because this is such a difficult decision for me I'd like to hear more.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 12:48 pm
No experience with ODA only with Kindercare.

I am very satisfied in general with the Kindercare experience. I book my appointments at the location that is closer to the area I want to be afterwards. There is almost no wait time.

Regarding doctors- everyone I talk to has a different opinion about each one. They are all great. Personally, I feel most comfortable with Dr. Frenkel so I try to schedule appointments with her, when reasonable.

Hope this info is helpful.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 1:04 pm
I like Kindercare. I only use ODA for late nights or motzei shabbos. I've found the wait to be intolerable.

Which location would you use? I assume you mean Lee avenue since Skillman isnt far from ODA.

Dr Goldblum and Dr d!ck are both amazing doctors. They really listen to you and are very reassuring. Not alarmists yet they dont dismiss your concerns.

Lee Avenue is open several days a week til 7:30 pm which is great.

I believe there used to be a Dr Marciano there too, not sure when/if he comes still.

On Skillman you have Dr Begun, Dr Fraenkel and Rita Sachs, PA. Each have their own pros and cons. I often wish Drs d!ck and Goldblum were here in Skillman bc I like them more than these three, but I'm still happy here Smile.

let me know which branch you are talkingn about.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 1:17 pm
I use kindercare. I love the flexibility in scheduling appointments- you can usually choose your appointment time. They have evening hours and are open Sundays. They have a lab in the office. Some doctors are better than others, though the ones I like better are not necessarily the same ones other people like better. If I don't want to use the doctor in one of their offices, there is always the option to go to the other office. The wait is usually not bad.

I have never used ODA by in-laws did and I don't think they thought very highly of the doctors there.

Feel free to pm me if you want more specific information about the doctors there.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 1:21 pm
I have seen Dr. Frankel in the Lee Ave. office. I haven't seen the others there though. I have used Dr. Marciano, Goldblum, d!ck, Zahava Miller, Frankel, Rita Saks...I think we have used them all, pretty much. We saw Dr. Begun only once.

miracleshappen

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 1:24 pm
I use the Kindercare on Skillman Street (not the Lee Ave. location). I am very very happy there. Waiting time is minimal, but I ususally go weekday mornings. Sundays are kind of crowded. I usually see Dr. Frankel- she is extremely nice, very practical, and I'm very happy with her. I have seen Dr. Begun there as well and he is also very nice.
Location is clean, nurses are nice, highly reccomend it.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 1:32 pm
Dr Frankel is slow and thorough and that means my babies cry for longer. But Dr Begun is super speedy and you often feel that he doesnt hear you. But I get all my paperwork and letters and scrips I need pretty quickly and that coutns for a lot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics