Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Rain boots

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 1:21 pm
I wore rain boots all winter last year thru the snow my toes were beyond freezing would buying the sock like a hunter boot liner sock help? Or that's the same as wearing thick socks which didn't help me at all?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 8:39 pm
Bump

catonmylap

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 1:35 am
I just bought these for my rainboots -- they are now wearable!

http://www.aliexpress.com/snap......html

mom18

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 9:24 am
did anyone ever have smartwool socks for rainboots...are they good? looking for a thin warm sock, I tried the hunter welly sock and found it too thick and did not like it

sunnybrook

Post Sat, Dec 20 2014, 4:03 pm
amother wrote:
I wore rain boots all winter last year thru the snow my toes were beyond freezing would buying the sock like a hunter boot liner sock help? Or that's the same as wearing thick socks which didn't help me at all?

I think the sole is the main problem, in these rubber boots, that it is not insulated against the cold pavement. They used to sell imitation sheep wool insoles, don't know if they still do, but I once used them and it solved the problem. Today that everything is from China, maybe real wool, shatnez problem. Meanwhile I had gotten real good boots from America, so havent tried other solutions in years.
Still, I checked what CATON MY LAP posted:
"I just bought these for my rainboots -- they are now wearable!

But the website description is very unclear -- if these are all cotton, what is so warm about them? How long did it take to get here [will the winter be over?]

sunnybrook

Post Sat, Dec 20 2014, 4:04 pm
amother wrote:

I think the sole is the main problem, in these rubber boots, that it is not insulated against the cold pavement. They used to sell imitation sheep wool insoles, don't know if they still do, but I once used them and it solved the problem. Today that everything is from China, maybe real wool, shatnez problem. Meanwhile I had gotten real good boots from America, so havent tried other solutions in years.
Still, I checked what CATON MY LAP posted:
"I just bought these for my rainboots -- they are now wearable!

But the website description is very unclear -- if these are all cotton, what is so warm about them? How long did it take to get here [will the winter be over?]
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics