Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Monsters

m+m

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 3:13 pm
DD has an obsession with monsters. She thinks they are "coming to get her". I think she picked this up in playgroup. I keep telling her there are no monsters, but she's still obsessing.

WWYD?

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 3:34 pm
When we were little, my brother also had an irrational fear of monsters, so my father developed "Monster Spray", which was water in a spray bottle. Anytime my brother thought there were monsters, my father helped him spray at them and they went away. That stage didn't last too long...Ii think it just gave my brother a sense of being in control of the situation and scaring them off.

ora_43

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 3:51 pm
My dh also taught our kids to scare off monsters. One learned to yell "rahh! Go away, monsters!" if she thought she saw one.

With another kid, he went into the room to "eat the monster up." It worked great.

(Unlike my approach of calmly, rationally explaining that there weren't any monsters, which failed miserably.)

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 4:44 pm
For my son, we told him the Sesame Street monsters were the only monsters and they were nice monsters. That worked for him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics