Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Please recommend an iron or ironing system

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 8:31 pm
I am looking for a new iron or ironing system. I would appreciate recommendations. Thank you.

love260

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 9:06 pm
IRONMAVEN J490A
Very expensive, but I personally think its a very good investment, since I got it I never had to give in my husband's shirts or pants to the cleaners.

yummydd

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 9:45 pm
I love the RELIABLE. It was about 300.

2gether

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 4:54 am
Tefal Steam Iron Ultragliss Easycord
Model: FV4670

It's gr8!

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 6:51 am
I have the steam iron from Rowenta https://www.google.com/shoppin.....SswAA I paid 150$ in a local store, I love it it's not the most expensive and does an exceptional job.
I try to do my ironing tuesday evening that's how I make it work for me. I wash and fold all laundry by Monday and leave the ironing for Tuesday anything I wash later that needs ironing generally waits for the following week. However I try not to wash stuff that needs ironing past Tuesday.

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 8:00 am
Laughing Bag! wrote:
I have the steam iron from Rowenta https://www.google.com/shoppin.....SswAA I paid 150$ in a local store, I love it it's not the most expensive and does an exceptional job.
I try to do my ironing tuesday evening that's how I make it work for me. I wash and fold all laundry by Monday and leave the ironing for Tuesday anything I wash later that needs ironing generally waits for the following week. However I try not to wash stuff that needs ironing past Tuesday.

I was looking at this one. I had a regular Rowenta that just went nifta. I had it for 20 years and was fine with it. I was thinking of an upgrade to an ironing system.

Is it easy to get in tiny areas? Does it take long to heat? Are there any features missing which you would like that the note expensive ones have?

Thanks

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 9:11 am
I love it. It takes about 10 min to heat upbut if I put in hot water it takes less. It is the shape of a regular iron so it will iron same type of shape and size just way faster and better. It takes me 1/2 the time to iron than it used to when I had the regular rowenta. I actually started ironing way more because it doesn't take that much more time and it does a really good job so even my sons weekday pants gets ironed and folds neater too. 😃
The only thing I would suggest the company change if they didnt yet is to put a window or something to see the water level. It does have a big tank but sometimes I have really a lot of stuff like when I skip a week or 2 and one tank isn't enough I don't always chap that I need to add more water. My sister actuaally told me that she can tell by the sound when it needs water added. Another thing my sister told me is if you need to add more water while the machine is already hot add hot water or it can shpritz hot steam and water. I shut the iron open it with a towel and then add the hot water. Then within minutes its ready again.

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 9:27 am
Laughing Bag! wrote:
I love it. It takes about 10 min to heat upbut if I put in hot water it takes less. It is the shape of a regular iron so it will iron same type of shape and size just way faster and better. It takes me 1/2 the time to iron than it used to when I had the regular rowenta. I actually started ironing way more because it doesn't take that much more time and it does a really good job so even my sons weekday pants gets ironed and folds neater too. 😃
The only thing I would suggest the company change if they didnt yet is to put a window or something to see the water level. It does have a big tank but sometimes I have really a lot of stuff like when I skip a week or 2 and one tank isn't enough I don't always chap that I need to add more water. My sister actuaally told me that she can tell by the sound when it needs water added. Another thing my sister told me is if you need to add more water while the machine is already hot add hot water or it can shpritz hot steam and water. I shut the iron open it with a towel and then add the hot water. Then within minutes its ready again.

Thanks. I really appreciate your time. Your link was also cheaper than what I was looking at.

kollel wife

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 11:19 am
What are the benefits of such an expensive iron?
I don't find my ironing comes out great at all - what does this do better/

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 11:24 am
This is a strong steam iron. It irons stronger and faster and way better. Until I started using it I didn't know what I was missing. But as long as I had my old one I want looking for a new one but once that broke I knew I'm getting a steam iron, I had heard enough about it from my sister that I wanted to have it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars