Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
RBS Aleph Schools
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:00 am
Health is a Virture wrote:
in Ramat Shilo and RBSA

Right. I was specifically referring to the AY population in Sheinfeld. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:00 am
judging from riding on the public bus though, it seems that there are still a lot of people who live in Sheinfeld and Ramat Nof (or something like that...forgot the name but right near Sheinfeld) who send to AY.

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:01 am
look at that, I answered your question before I read your response :-)

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:09 am
sounds scary. I hope it's not contagious....

To the people who have gotten letters in their mailboxes... They may feel that it is. And that's why they are leaving.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:11 am
I think they are just switching to other schools, like the torani public schools and Moriah ( I personally know a number of families who switched from AY to moriah).

What is moriah? And the public schools?
Is that high school or elementary?

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:14 am
Teal amother- can I ask where you live?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:25 am
amother wrote:
What is moriah? And the public schools?
Is that high school or elementary?

There is a huge range of types in rbs. Charedi is the majority. Some people may not notice others who are not like them, leading to some of the strange things people wrote upthread.

As far as elementary schools, there are plenty of charedi schools which, to be fair, I don't know much about. There are places like Darchei Noam, Torat Moshe, and Magen Avot, which have a more American-Yeshivish outlook. And then there are the DL schools.

AY is DL. They try to be a bit more "frum," but there is nothing charedi about them. They are a Mamlachti-Dati religious public school, but they also have a parent organization, which tries to ensure a slightly more "torani" curriculum than is required by the State.

There are two other religious public schools in rbs, and a few others in Beit Shemesh. Each has its own "flavor."

Moriah is a DL private school. Their curriculum is more "chardal." Less secular studies, more Torah.

Good luck!

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:28 am
amother wrote:
Teal amother- can I ask where you live?

I live in sheinfeld. I have kids in AY and in Orot.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:29 am
AY requires full leg coverage- that's definitely chareidi leaning. But I guess that's prob where it mostly draws the line?

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:30 am
amother wrote:
I live in sheinfeld. I have kids in AY and in Orot.

Are you happy there? Do your AY kids have other kids from school there to bus in with?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:37 am
amother wrote:
AY requires full leg coverage- that's definitely chareidi leaning. But I guess that's prob where it mostly draws the line?
[quote]

I think the leg coverage thing was more so as not to provoke negative attention from the neighbors. Maybe also as a way of looking "more frum" than the other DL public schools. AY calls itself "charedi leumi" but it's really a bit of a misnomer.

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 8:41 am
amother wrote:
To the people who have gotten letters in their mailboxes... They may feel that it is. And that's why they are leaving.

what kind of letters? did you get a letter in the mailbox, saying what? sounds made up or very much blown out of proportion. when were letters sent out? what did they say? and where were they sent out to? I live on a street where if people were anti-charedi they would send letters to, so please pray tell, tell me about these letters! My curiosity has been piqued.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 9:00 am
Even though you are dripping with sarcasm, I will respond.
Firstly, the fact that "an anti chareidi" you know received letters is worrisome enough. I'm sure there's more to the story, of course.
My sister who lives in beit shemesh (not rbs) has a friend who received fliers with instructions on how to dress tzanua with diagrams( no faces or descriptive drawings )

Though she said it was worse a couple of years ago, she said there is still some face to face intimidations. Though might be small, it can be annoying or scary.

If someone who is not dressed "correctly" receives verbal abuse- that's not right. You may say "don't come into rbs dressed like that." And I get your point--- up to a point. I feel it is so wrong to treat people like that and it is such a turn off.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 9:06 am
Also- even those that do NOT harass, do they stick up for those that are?
Real question- where was the community when little Orot girls were getting harassed?

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 9:17 am
One last point on this- I probably would not be harassed. Yes I wear denim. I don't wear flip flops. But I don't wear stockings.
However/- I know firsthand of people who are not dressed according to rbs standards who have been verbally harassed (you can't shop here, cover up, etc)
Though that might not happen to me- I would feel awful for my guests and for those that get that treatment. For stores to be forced to close or change etc
I dunno... Maybe I'm just answering my own question here

5*Mom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:00 am
amother wrote:
However/- I know firsthand of people who are not dressed according to rbs standards who have been verbally harassed (you can't shop here, cover up, etc)

Are you talking about Alef or Bet?

5*Mom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:01 am
amother wrote:
There is a huge range of types in rbs. Charedi is the majority. Some people may not notice others who are not like them, leading to some of the strange things people wrote upthread.

THIS exactly, lol.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:19 am
5*Mom wrote:
Are you talking about Alef or Bet?

Aleph-
Bet she wouldn't even go into unless really necessary- and if she knows she has to, she'll try to dress ok

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:22 am
Which of these schools would make dh and I the most happy? He likes more chareidi. I don't wear stockings but I don't wear open toe either. He would probably not like a school where the mothers wear flip flops.
Also I never would've thought that denim can be an issue. I do wear denim and tight pencil skirts but I only wear tight pencils if I'm wearing a long top with it.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:26 am
amother wrote:
Which of these schools would make dh and I the most happy? He likes more chareidi. I don't wear stockings but I don't wear open toe either. He would probably not like a school where the mothers wear flip flops.
Also I never would've thought that denim can be an issue. I do wear denim and tight pencil skirts but I only wear tight pencils if I'm wearing a long top with it.

Sounds like me. We keep joking how we are mixed couple. We will be sending To Ahavat Yisrael if we go.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions