Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone live in caeserea
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 10:36 am
Working on our aliyah plans and thought I was set on one area, but have been looking at pics of Caesarea and it looks beautiful. And a lot less news swirling around it. The NBN website is slightly helpful, but never gives you enough. Will email the contact there, but was wondering if anyone on here lived there, have friends there. We have 3 children who will be with us. One in elementary school and 2 in high school.

freidasima

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 10:48 am
If you can afford it, it's a lovely area, we have friends and family there as well.
That having been said, it's not particularly religious, there are no religious schools and although there is a shul (and some frum people have second homes there) there is no real "frum community" as you find in other areas.

It is expensive, it's a closed (gated) community, you have a lovely beach and it's near Or Akiva which has the local large Mall. But if you are looking for a religious community, that's not really the place....

Peanut2

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 10:59 am
It's a really wealthy area. People are really nice. I know people who have a second home there - so they live in Jerusalem but have another home there, live in TA but have another home there, etc. Not sure what that's about.

What about Zichron Yaakov? (Also expensive. I don't know what the charedi area is like at all.)

etky

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 11:08 am
Peanut2 wrote:
It's a really wealthy area. People are really nice. I know people who have a second home there - so they live in Jerusalem but have another home there, live in TA but have another home there, etc. Not sure what that's about.

What about Zichron Yaakov? (Also expensive. I don't know what the charedi area is like at all.)

Same here. Only people with second homes and they're also older.
I don't know anyone for whom it is a first, primary home.

Tablepoetry

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 11:28 am
I do know two young families who live there full time. Well, young on my terms. Fortyish.
But they are both secular.
It is very expensive. Mainly houses, not apartments.
Gorgeous place. Quiet.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 12:32 pm
OP here- were driving up north and drove through and were in awe-the kids were like- wow we should live here(esthetically would a be a soft landing) but we are dati leumi and I have one son who loves to learn- guess it would not be the place for us- any place you can suggest that looks like that- but dati leumi and not more than 1 1/2 hours from airport?

etky

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 12:37 pm
Is the Green Line a consideration?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 1:13 pm
Not really too concerned about that lovely green line(does that mean I get more grass (ha hah)- we were looking in Efrat/ chashmonaim as well.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 1:21 pm
You're making aliya with older kids and your main concern is your view from your window? Did I miss something? Efrat and Chashmonaim are the correct answers for the questions that I think you should have been asking (Ginot Shomron too Very Happy )

etky

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 1:30 pm
I was going to suggest Chashmonaim since the airport seemed like a priority to you.
The Gush is wonderful (I'm in Efrat) but it's further away from the center.
Have you considered Givat Ze'ev?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 1:48 pm
Sanguine wrote:
You're making aliya with older kids and your main concern is your view from your window? Did I miss something? Efrat and Chashmonaim are the correct answers for the questions that I think you should have been asking (Ginot Shomron too Very Happy )

Actually- yes- because the places we have researched are all good and so once you come to the bottom of the list of everything you want a little gashmiyus can't be bad and to make the easiest transition from what we are used to and for therapeutic reasons having a view and a backyard of some sort will be helpful for all of us.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 1:52 pm
etky wrote:
I was going to suggest Chashmonaim since the airport seemed like a priority to you.
The Gush is wonderful (I'm in Efrat) but it's further away from the center.
Have you considered Givat Ze'ev?

Have not looked at givat zev- thanks! I think Efrat may be the best option even though it is a bit far from the airport- hardest part will be finding a house to rent at first. I am told they are not easy to come by.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 1:53 pm
amother wrote:
Actually- yes- because the places we have researched are all good and so once you come to the bottom of the list of everything you want a little gashmiyus can't be bad and to make the easiest transition from what we are used to and for therapeutic reasons having a view and a backyard of some sort will be helpful for all of us.
If you researched you know a Yishuv is the best choice for you. You didn't accidentally miss Caeserea. Except for the view, there's nothing there for you. (I used to love Teveriya for the view)

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 1:58 pm
I know- but I was hoping........

freidasima

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 2:53 am
Actually as a non hitnachalut dweller (a lot of ladies here live on hitnachaluyot) there are actually a lot of great places not far from the airport where you would be able (if you have a LOT of money) to buy a house with a yard and enjoy. Some are moshavim where there are acceptance committees, some are just cities where you pay your money and (if someone is selling) you buy your house and that's that.

Here's just a short list. But you don't get the mountain view from all of them, from some there is a sea view. All have religious people living there, some with kids some are older (because in most cases in the mid city area the young famiilies rarely have the millions of shekel it takes to buy a house (but some inhereted...) All have dati leumi families (that's more national than Modern orthodox but it's very open in terms of dress, hair covering etc.)

1) Moshav Gimzu (7 minutes from the airport) nice view of hills
2) the big houses in Shoham (city 7 minutes from the airport) nice view of hills
3) Houses on Moshav Nechalim (10 minutes from the airport) nice view of hills
4) Houses on the outskirts of Petach Tikva (less nice view)
5) Tel Ganim in Ramat Gan (lots of frum families, no great view but big homes with yards very expensive)
6) Ramat Chen in Ramat Gan (some homes even with a pool. Mucho expensive but beautiful and next door to the Ramat Gan National Park)
7) Seaside homes with great view of ocean in Barnea in Ashkelon (religious young people, I have friends there with small kids ages 1-10) an hour from the airport
8) homes in Pardes Channa (that's right near Ceasarea but it's religious, not as nice as Ceasarea by far but big private homes, big backyard, nice view of the hills, really "country" and there is now a religious young families section being built right near the railway to Tel Aviv and haifa. An hour from the airport
8) Zappariya (I think it's a moshav but not shur, ten minutes from the airport, lots of religious people, there is a religious girls high school nearby)

There are all pretty upper middle class, NOT "rich" except maybe for Tel Ganim and Ramat Chen which do have some really well to do people there.

If you want charedi or chardali there are two areas in Bnai Brak with gorgeous big houses, several floors. The view is incredible, you can see the ocean, it's on top of the biggest hill in bnai brak. Someone is selling there right now if you are interested, across the street from family of ours who live there.

Anyhow you have lots of choices.
Now...for the very Israeli nosy question which of course I don't expect you to answer...how much money can you afford for such a house? Because if you are talking places like I am listing here we are talking easily 3-4 MILLION shekel other than Pardes channa which is a lot cheaper and I think that Barnea must also be cheaper.

But a nice house with a really big backyard that was actually part of a meshek on a moshav today? Mucho mulla. Same goes for homes like in Tel Ganim and Ramat Chen, can get to 5 million easy with land.

Land in EY is expensive in good areas.

etky

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 3:27 am
There's also Aderet near Beit Shemesh which from what I hear has a nice group of English speakers and is in a great location. Mazkeret Batya, near Rechovot, is also worth a look.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 4:22 am
There are a lot of beautiful places and places with houses and backyards (for money) but if you're coming with HS kids your priority should be the community. Do your kids speak Hebrew fluently? Actually, language is very important but the culture is the main thing. Places like Chashmonaim and Efrat have a lot of Olim families. Even many men in those places "commute" to work in the States if that's why you're looking near the airport. Communities with a lot of Olim give better services to Olim - especially the schools. Go for the NBN popular choices. Your family will feel more at home with other Olim (eventually the kids become real Israelis but if you want a successful Aliya follow the Olim)

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 7:11 am
I have a wealthy older cousin, frei, in Caesarea. It IS a nice community but not any type of religious ime.
I know a French minyan opened in someone's home, for shabbes. lol

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 7:15 am
There is a DL community in Caesaria, but it is very small. The shul is lovely. We have been there before for smachot.

It's more like living in an upscale suburban neighborhood in So Cal than living in Israel.

catonmylap

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 8:22 am
We've got desert views here in Maale Adumim.

2.25 million shekels - will you get you a nice house - http://www.remax-israel.com/Co.....1-117

(there are less expensive houses in other neighborhoods, that usually need work)..
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions