Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Ideas for upsherin

buba123

Post Tue, Jun 07 2005, 1:03 pm
my son is turning three years old right before Shavuos. we're cutting his hair on Friday. we were planning on making a nice, simple breakfast party. My parents live out of the country. my in-laws were supposed to be here for Shavuos yet changed their mind(they also live out of town). since they're not coming we don't really want to make the breakfast thing. any simple ideas - just planning to invite a few close siblings and kids who live close by. Idea

miriam

Post Sat, Jun 18 2005, 9:56 pm
I just noticed this post, sorry. How did it go??

buba123

Post Sun, Jun 19 2005, 6:44 pm
Miriam We ended up cutting his hair on Friday afternoon. I invited my siblings that live near me. We served chulent and kugel (erev shabbos food!). It was very nice. My father-in-law was able to join us - so it was nice for my hubby to have his father there. My son looks precious and even keeps his kippah on all the time LOL

Thanx for asking...

HappyPurim

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 4:26 pm
Hi any ideas for peklich? planning a upsherin in March.....

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, Nov 11 2005, 7:35 am
well if it is around purim time, you could do a purim theme.

or just a baggie with bag of chips, candy , cookie..whatever you decide..my inlaws put in a coloring sheet of a boy getting upsherin and crayons as well.

willow

Post Sat, Nov 12 2005, 8:23 am
I remember my mother always made a huge cake, almost the size of a little boy. She would dress it like a little boy. She then put tzitiz and a yalmulka on the "boy cake" ( all edible) Then she would ask my brother Whats happening today? And what are you going to wear now that you are a big boy? Wink SOO so cute.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics