Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby screams all day unless I hold her Help!
1  2  Next

studying_torah

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 1:22 pm
please help I'm losing my mind! My baby is three months old and screams all day unless I'm holding and rocking her. ( she sometimes screams even when I hold her)
She screams in the swing and bouncy seat, has zero interest in toys.
Even if she's tired, she won't sleep unless rocked and rocked, the second I put her down she screams. If I pick her up she stops.
Help I can't hold her all day!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 1:40 pm
I posted this thread last week. You migh tfind it helpful.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....=held

studying_torah

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 1:47 pm
Thanks amother but I can't wear my baby, nor hold her all day bec of back issues and the needs of my large family. So any other ideas?!
Please help!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:04 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Thanks amother but I can't wear my baby, nor hold her all day bec of back issues and the needs of my large family. So any other ideas?!
Please help!

I'm the amother above. It doesn't work for me either Crying

Still trying to find a solution...I feel your pain Hug

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:06 pm
I had this with my kids, especially my first... No advice, I'm just giving you a hug!

studying_torah

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:10 pm
I've had it w other ones too but not so long or so bad

5*Mom

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:12 pm
The thing is, if your baby has a physiological or neurological need to be held -- which is usually the case in situations such as what you describe -- there is no substitute for filling that need. So your options are hold/wear her and try to get as much help in other areas as you can, hired or otherwise, or hire someone else to hold her while you tend to your other obligations. There is no way around it if your baby needs to be held. It's the kind of thing that you either do now or pay for later.

supermom3

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:27 pm
First try to figure out why she screams so much. Is it colic? Did you discuss it with your pediatrician? If everything seems OK, the next thing is maybe she's simply hungry. For some reason I didn't have enough milk for my 4th child and I didn't realize (I was leaking plenty)- maybe you're too busy with the others to relax and drink enough. Or maybe she needs more nursing and since she's not your first so you think you have this nursing business down right - That was me. She screamed a lot and I kept saying "I guess we didn't get the deluxe model this time" - Some babies cry and my others were so good. At about 3 months I realized she really wasn't gaining enough weight. I started supplementing and finally just gave up nursing and went to bottles. Suddenly she was so content. I hated stopping nursing but with 3 other little kids at home I really couldn't handle nurse-pump-bottle-formula... Those formula bottles turned her into such a sweet baby. I felt terrible when I realized that I was starving her her first 3 months. When ever I see a mother with an infant rocking them and trying everything I just think "That baby is probably still hungry"

ila

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:31 pm
My baby was lactose intolerant and I didn't new, she cried a lot unless held...maybe try going off dairy for some days if you are nursing to see of it helps

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:33 pm
I always wonder how holding a baby relieves their pain??

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:34 pm
Yup. Eat very simply, no cheese, lots of chicken and some beef, yogurt only, go easy on meds, sugar, caffeine. I would say no processed meats. I would say no fish.

Caffeine. Oopsie.

Are you into sodas, tea, chocolate, candies with dyes?

Is anybody around you smoking?

Put on some low soothing music.

Flourescent lights? They have funny vibrations sometimes.

You might talk to the ped.

ila

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:48 pm
Being in a upright position helps with the burning they feel from the intolerance,I think

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:50 pm
The majority of babies who cry to be held are not "just hungry." Sometimes there is an underlying problem but most often it is just a need that they have. That's how babies were created Smile

asp40

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 3:03 pm
I have had several babies like this. As it turned out, they were intolerant to dairy. I did not learn this until my last one and when I gave up dairy, it was like I had a different baby. It took 2 weeks, but what a change Now, he did not become an easy baby but he was much much better.

I would spek with your pediatrician and rule out a few things, such a reflux.

This is very hard, but it will pass. Your baby does need to be held by someone, so hopefully you can figure out that part while trying to make her feel better.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 3:11 pm
I'm not nursing, and she's already taking meds for reflux. I don't think it's reflux; for a while she was gassy but I'm using dr Browns bottles so she seems less gassy.

asp40

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 3:16 pm
Have you tried a dairy free formula?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 3:44 pm
Is she calm when you hold her? That's the big differentiator between babies who are uncomfortable for a specific reason and babies who just need to be held.

November

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 4:29 pm
My baby screamed and screamed for 3 months as well until she drank her first bottle of Alimentum, specialized formula. It made an unbelievable difference. I'd recommend trying it.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 5:38 pm
She's on alimentum bec she was so gassy.
She is often calm when I hold her but not always. And she doesn't sleep more than 25-40 mins at a time by day so she's also very tired.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 11:13 pm
I have no advice or suggestions for you but I just want to tell you that I can only begin to imagine what you are dealing with as my first was like that. She would scream hysterically day and night, the longest stretch she ever slept was 45 minutes. It is torture, torture, torture. I felt like the most horrible mother in the world but sometimes I put her down and went to my room with an ipod and headphones to block out the noise for 10 minutes to calm myself down. I would be mortified to tell you which threads here on imamother I started. embarrassed

Feel free to pm me anytime, I'd be happy to chat.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics