Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
ATT women in lakewood that dont drive.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:26 pm
how do you get around? are the car services good? which one and what are numbers/names that are good. can someone help me with the lakewood map. its just so confusing. is it true that every neighborhood has their own grocery? what if not part of a particular neighborhood? I dont know for sure where I am going to go to. I am still loooking. is there a way for me to find out where all the groceries pharmacies, pediatricians, is there a map that has all of that? or do I just have to ask evertime I need a specific thing? I know there is a directory. but I dont know the place well so I am just trying to get my feel. I am used to numbers as streets and avenues. its so diff when it comes to names.
THANKS so much

kollel wife

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:33 pm
It's very hard to do this without a conversation - are you able to PM me?
I don't know car services at all, but could discuss neighborhoods and shopping.

kollel wife

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 2:43 pm
I'll try -
There's a long highway/road called route 9, which goes through a big part of Lakewood.
On the beginning end of it (north, closest to New York) as you enter Lakewood is Shoprite Plaza, with Shoprite, Judaica Plaza (seforim, books, toys), a cleaners, Center of Town (housewares). Very close to there (across the road) is a kosher store, Shloimies, banks, Shell Station, a children's clothing store and a ladies clothing store.

Perpendicular along route 9 the streets have numbers (mostly).

Route 9 is parallel with Clifton Avenue which was originally a main shopping street in the small town of Lakewood.
In that shopping area you have lots of stores. Gelbsteins bakery, Kollel Food Store, Bagel Nosh,R&S deli and takeout, cleaners, phone stores, men's clothing, Fashion Stop-ladies clothing. This goes on for 4-5 blocks.

There's also a lot of new areas - I'm giving you the main old ones.

Further south off of route 9 is the original large grocery the co-op. They now have 3 locations and there are also a few other large grocery stores.

If you can shop in Shoprite and one kosher store you will be able to get the best prices. Many kosher stores deliver, but if you're trying to economize it's advisable to stock up on laundry detergent, diapers etc in Shoprite (walmart a drive a way ...)

see if you can PM me.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 3:45 pm
op here- thank you so so so so soooooooo much. I really dont like pm. so if it can be done in this forum I would really appreciate it.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 3:48 pm
kollel wife-thanks a ton. I will use this guide when I come. thanks again. you. mentioned kollel grocery. there are 2 kollel groc one in boro park and one in flatbush. is that the same? do you know? cause the prices there are great. I hope I have that there too. okay I guess I will see. krm is the name of the kollel grocery. and they have their specials on line. so does moshes from flatbush. I love those stores.

questioner

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 4:33 pm
amother wrote:
kollel wife-thanks a ton. I will use this guide when I come. thanks again. you. mentioned kollel grocery. there are 2 kollel groc one in boro park and one in flatbush. is that the same? do you know? cause the prices there are great. I hope I have that there too. okay I guess I will see. krm is the name of the kollel grocery. and they have their specials on line. so does moshes from flatbush. I love those stores.

no connection to KRM, it's a small store with a few aisles. They have 10% off on everything on Thursday nights though.

sky

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 4:41 pm
Do you get the 10 % off with delivery?

Maybe you can get your hands on a Lakewood directory (I see you mentioned it). They sell them in the Judaica stores I think (for sure Judaica plaza). there is listings of all stores, pediatricians, everything.
There is a map in the center in there with a helpful street lookup. That may help you just figure out the town.
You can also try mapquest and see how far businesses are from a specific address.

I don't think stores go by neighborhoods. Its more areas of town And they clustered together in the older areas of town. Some areas don't have (Raintree does not I think). But there are many grocery stores scattered around town within many different areas.

I think you are going to have a hard time finding too many women on here from Lakewood who don't drive. It isn't super common. (And the ones that I know that don't do not have internet).

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 5:11 pm
My mother stopped driving at 80 and has to rely on taxis when her children/grandchildren and Bikur Cholim aren't available. They are annoying - sometimes don't show up or come late.

However, you can get almost everything by delivery if you don't mind paying a little more. And there's always Amazon!

Personally, if I did not drive (and in the olden days when I didn't always have a car) I would very much want to live somewhere that I could walk to at least some errands and/or pediatrician.

So. Westgate has its own shopping center. Westgate is to the far West of the rest of Lakewood.
Dr. Shanik has an office on Rt 9 & Fourth Street, but good luck finding any available houses in that area.

Dr. Indich and Dr. Gittleman are on County Line, a few blocks from Shoprite. That's a cross street right when you come into Lakewood from the north (and near Shoprite Plaza). CHEMED - sliding scale health care - is in that area too.

Chateau Park, Sterling Place (very many chassidish people I think) and a couple of shopping centers there too. I think Dr. Shanik also has an office in that area. Dr. Cohen & Lempel Internal Medicine is down there too.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 5:17 pm
OP...Hope this helps you.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....hter=
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating