Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
DO american girl dolls/ bitty twins ever go on sale?
1  2  Next

yaeli83

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 11:55 am
Where is the best place to get a deal on either an american girl, or bitty twins? Do they ever have sales or coupon codes?

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 11:56 am
Ebay.

yaeli83

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 11:58 am
Are they used on ebay? its not for my kids, if it was, I would just find one on craigslist, but for this purpose, Im looking for a new one.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 12:33 pm
I have never heard of a sale at American Girl Doll Sad Would be nice!

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 12:35 pm
They do occasionally have deals but they're rare. Maybe 2-3 times a year significant deals, and another few times small amounts off or free shipping type deals. You'd have to follow something like Kosheronabudget.com to find out about it, and they sell out really quickly so you need to be watching like a hawk. but they have gone as much as 50% off if you're lucky enough to snag it. If hawking and stressing isn't your thing, it probably pays to just go meatless for a few weeks and fund it full price Wink

Deep

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 12:46 pm
The actual dolls never go on sale. Their best sale on accessories, books and clothes starts tonight at midnight CST. The discounts are usually huge, but you need to get on early in order to snag the best deals.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 12:57 pm
And I am telling you the actual dolls have gone on sale. About twice a year. Not predictable. Featured on deal sites and I have seen the deals live but still uninterested in buying even at $60 instead of $110.

bnm

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 9:46 pm
The Today Show had a special 2 years, this is the third year, they only did accessories. Zuilly had the bitty baby on for $50 at one point this year. American Girl has a warehouse sale once a year at their main warehouse.

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 4:46 pm
See? Here: http://kosheronabudget.com/ame.....lily/
Likely sold out already because they do go fast, but this is the second sale on AG dolls within the past week or two. They are still very expensive but if what you want is an AG doll at less than regular price, there it is.

bnm

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 5:21 pm
and the Today show special came back again yesterday! I wasn't at a computer so I couldn't post it. they had dolls as low as 60+tax+shipping, which is probably another $20 on top of everything.

smoms

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 5:26 pm
on Zulily today, though not $60

http://www.zulily.com/e/americ.....98370|1418336675520

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 5:52 pm
I think it's $99 on Zulily including a couple of outfits (which are mighty pricey on their own, though easier to find generics) and there were a bunch still in stock. I checked out of curiosity for you Wink

debsey

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 5:54 pm
bnm wrote:
The Today Show had a special 2 years, this is the third year, they only did accessories. Zuilly had the bitty baby on for $50 at one point this year. American Girl has a warehouse sale once a year at their main warehouse.

Where is this?

bnm

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 6:03 pm
debsey wrote:
Where is this?

Iirc in Wisconsin.

yaeli83

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 6:52 pm
I found the deal for 60, put all my cc info in and before I hit submit it sold out!
Where in wi is the warehouse? Any idea when they have that sale?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 7:08 pm
They are crazy expensive! I rely on wealthy relatives to buy them for DD. I get clothes on Ebay because it's easier to find tznius clothing from other brands. Just search "18 inch doll clothes".

Our Generation dolls at Target are the exact same size, for a fraction of the price. IMHO, they have much prettier faces, too. Of course, if your child is brand conscious, the other kids will tease her for not having the famous dolls. Sad

I really hate the materialism that American Girl dolls promote. Mad

amothertoo

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 7:23 pm
zulily.com has them on sale right now! 99.99 for doll with an extra set of clothing (pjs and slippers)

We also love the Target dolls, but I have to say the hair is terrible quality.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:09 pm
amothertoo wrote:
We also love the Target dolls, but I have to say the hair is terrible quality.

LOL, like doll hair lasts more than 5 seconds out of the package! LOL

amothertoo

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:38 pm
trust me it takes frizz to a whole new level Smile

Simple1

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:42 pm
The Target dolls hair was more than awful - it became a frizzy mat that was impossible to brush. (This was a while ago, so I don't know if they've improved since then.)

There's a frum store in Lakewood, I think Pharmex, that has American Girl type dolls for a fraction of the price and with very good hair.

We had them for a while, at least a year, but I think for longer and the hair is still good and totally brushable. And they weren't even so well cared for - left on the floor or in the toy box. Maybe not as nice as the real thing, but definitely good enough - especially with a small trim to even out the hair.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics