Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
The "I'm so absentminded, I..." thread
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

luppamom

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 10:55 pm
Well, at one point DH had a pink toothbrush and I had a blue one. During one tired/absentminded moment, I started to brush my teeth w/ DH's toothbrush. If it is pink, it's obviously mine.

AlwaysThinking

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 2:49 am
I was nursing my 6 month old in bed this morning, still half asleep. I then pressed on the side of his head when he was finished feeding, to try and get him to sleep. Confused? Well, for some reason I thought he was my smartphone which you press the button on the side of to get the screen to go off. embarrassed

No, he's not sleeping through the night, yes, I am sleep deprived!

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 2:51 am
Riff wrote:
I was nursing my 6 month old in bed this morning, still half asleep. I then pressed on the side of his head when he was finished feeding, to try and get him to sleep. Confused? Well, for some reason I thought he was my smartphone which you press the button on the side of to get the screen to go off. embarrassed

No, he's not sleeping through the night, yes, I am sleep deprived!

ROFL! it only it was that easy! Rolling Laughter

luppamom

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 3:16 am
Just came home and my door was WIDE open, like you could see right in! Guess I must've forgotten to lock the door, I mean SHUT it!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 3:50 am
At night I made a cheesecake, after it finished cooking I left it in to cool. This makes it firm. Yesterday on the way home from doing errands with my husband, he asked me if I made it in the end.
shock
I forgot to put it in the fridge! embarrassed

SomebodyElse

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 7:16 am
I heard a text message alert on my phone. I immediately reached into my purse to get it out to read it. Didn't find it initially, and thought "Oh, no, I must have left my phone at home!"

youngishbear

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 7:19 am
Iymnok wrote:
At night I made a cheesecake, after it finished cooking I left it in to cool. This makes it firm. Yesterday on the way home from doing errands with my husband, he asked me if I made it in the end.
shock
I forgot to put it in the fridge! embarrassed

Cheesecake doesn't spoil from staying outside overnight, afaik.

seeker

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 9:54 pm
So I finally remembered another one I should have posted, because I was in the same place recently:

The letters on the door said "PUSH." So I pushed. And pushed. And wondered why the door wasn't opening. This was in a public place, definitely not locked. As I finally decided to try pulling because what did I have to lose already, I realized that the reason pushing wasn't working was because the PUSH was in fact on the other side of the (glass) door. I had not registered that I was reading it backward.

EDIT: I passed through that door again today and noted that the "PUSH" was actually on a piece of paper. It was not printed directly on the glass. So I didn't just not realize that I was reading backwards, I didn't realize that I was reading backwards THROUGH the wrong side of a sheet of paper Rolling Eyes This story just got that much better... Very Happy

Last edited by seeker on Sun, Dec 28 2014, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

little_mage

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 5:45 am
Bitachon101 wrote:
Made pancake batter, was starving, put it on stove.... And like a genius walked away from the stove to go do a "quick" thing. And then I smelled something burning.
My pancakes!!!

It's okay. I've plenty of times put something on the stove and then wondered why it wasn't cooking, only to realize I never turned on the burner.

dimyona

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 4:29 pm
little_mage wrote:
It's okay. I've plenty of times put something on the stove and then wondered why it wasn't cooking, only to realize I never turned on the burner.

I'm always doing this, but turning on the the wrong burner! All the heat, none of the cooking.

naomi6

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 4:38 pm
Wish people would say their age range so we older ones when we forget won't worry so much. Have a hard time remembering and focusing. So if the young ones also do it's normal

bluebird

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 5:48 pm
I'm comforted that other people confuse the garbage can with the laundry basket. I find myself almost throwing out clothes at least once a month.

torquoise

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 8:16 pm
I put up a pot of pasta and then got a call from someone I was trying to get in touch with that she was able to see me this afternoon. Bundled up the kids and rushed out. 45 minute drive. Went to the appointment, went to hang out at my parents.... and remembered the pasta.
Let's just say I almost burned down the entire building.
My very sweet neighbor braved the smoke and turned the fire off, but we lived in a smokey apartment for weeks after that.

luppamom

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 7:13 am
My newest one:

First some bkrd info. In the city that I live in (in Israel), there is this big box w/ a bunch of different mail boxes. Everyone has a key to their box. The mail does not get delivered to individual apts.

Anyway, yesterday I went to the mailbox and then went on a long walk w/ DD stopping to do some errands. I had put my keys (house key, machsan key and mailbox key all together on one ring) in my stroller. Anyway, get home and keys are not there. B"H forgot to lock the house door even though I took keys (guess absentmindedness comes in handy Smile). I look in other places, no keys. Anyway, I don't think the chances of getting me keys back is high as there is no real siman on them and I have no idea where I dropped them. I am anticipating reading lots of hashavas avaida ads and not getting them back. From what I've heard, mailbox keys are expensive to replace, not to mention there might be important mail. Anyway, I decided to retrace my steps anyway. I get to my mail box and there's a note taped to it that someone found my keys and wrote their address. I must've left the keys in the mailbox after I opened it!!! I'm so absentminded!!! B"H story ended well and got my keys back from the person who found them. Mi kiamcha yisroel! At least my brothers and sisters are watching out for me Smile

Bitachon101

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 12:27 am
naomi6 wrote:
Wish people would say their age range so we older ones when we forget won't worry so much. Have a hard time remembering and focusing. So if the young ones also do it's normal

Young as could be..... Some of us are just professional absentminded professsors Wink

luppamom

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 1:21 am
naomi6 wrote:

You would also need to take into account factors like pregnant and not sleeping at night. These 2 things made/make me way more absentminded.

luppamom

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 2:13 am
To my fellow absentminded mothers FYI today is Rosh Chodesh!!

Chodesh Tov to all Smile

Bitachon101

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 6:48 pm
luppamom wrote:
To my fellow absentminded mothers FYI today is Rosh Chodesh!!

Chodesh Tov to all Smile

Thanks.
I rarely have a chance to daven. I made sure to squeeze in quick davening this morn cuz its rosh chodesh.... And duh, I forgot yaaleh veyavoh.... Lol.

japmom

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 7:19 pm
I was talking on my phone while pulling out of my driveway and down the road couldn't understand why I got disconnected realized it was my cordless phone!!!!!!!! Putting on the washing machine ( front loader) and realizing didn't put in detergent !!

Emotional

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 6:58 am
japmom wrote:
I was talking on my phone while pulling out of my driveway and down the road couldn't understand why I got disconnected realized it was my cordless phone!!!!!!!!

Just picturing it... this is hysterical!!!!!!
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics