Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
The "I'm so absentminded, I..." thread
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

gp2.0

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 9:15 am
I've left my cell phone in all kinds of places when I put it down "just for a second." Supermarket shelves, bank counters, other people's cars, my own car, pantry shelf, closet drawer, etc.

I went to fill a soup pot with water. It's heavy so I put it on the counter and moved the faucet over the counter to fill the pot. When the pot was full I quickly moved it away - instead of shutting off the water! Resulting in a flood on the counter and floor. Would you believe I've done this more than once....

Anyway I forget things every day. If I don't set a timer, I won't remember. If I set a timer and then shut it off because "I'll do it in a minute"....no I won't remember. I waste time every day walking from room to room because by the time I get there I forget why and I have to retrace my steps.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 9:18 am
I once walked almost all the way home from work, about 10 minutes, before realizing I was still holding my pen between my fingers, as if I was writing.

I once thought I cooked gefilte fish, shut the fire, let it cool off, picked up the pot to put it in the fridge and happened to notice there was no fish in the pot.

I once couldn't find a package of chicken I was sure I had bought, searched all over, until a few days later when the car started smelling, sure enough there it was.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 9:21 am
seeker wrote:
Yeah well I think that's just silly for everyone to blush about breast pumps. They're a fact of life. Grow up and deal with it. You weren't asking for lingerie. You weren't offering a demonstration. Goodness. You did nothing wrong here.

This reminds me of the time I asked for breast pads at the pharmacy because I couldn't remember what they were actually called and the lady behind the counter was like "do you mean NURSING pads?" Haha.

yamz

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 9:48 am
I live in an apartment in a private house. The washing machine is located in the basement, behind a locked door. I take the key off the hook and go to the basement to do laundry. The door won't open. I wonder why I can't unlock the door. I look down at the key and the doorknob. Well, it's obvious: A car key won't unlock the basement door! Believe it or not, I do this pretty often. Probably about half the time I go to the basement. And I keep the basement key on a very different keychain. embarrassed

yamz

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 9:56 am
Here's another one. Sometimes I go to my laptop to do so something quick, maybe look at a recipe or check my email. I decide to take a minute first to see if there are any interesting new posts on imamother that I should check out later. Twenty minutes later, after I have read my fill on imamother, I can't remember why it was that I went to my laptop in the first place.

mema613

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 2:09 pm
Tutored a student and was so focused on the lesson that I tutored for 3 hours instead of 1 hour. The mom paid me for 1 hour and I said my usual thank you not realizing it was a 3 hour lesson! The student told me the next week how grateful the mom was for my generousity.

I also forget to turn on lights and air conditioning when I tutor.

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 9:29 am
I was going to a bris and wanted to check if I had anything appropriate to bring as a gift.
I thought for a few seconds to remember whether the baby was a boy or a girl.
Then it took another few long seconds to figure out why that was an issue.
They make these things much too early in the morning.

luppamom

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 12:41 pm
My building has 3 separate entrances, each w/ the same layout. Today I walked home, bounced the baby up the stairs and started turning the key in the door. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. As I was trying, a lady came down the stairs and said "you don't live here". I said, "Yes, I do. I am new", as I moved recently. After a few seconds, I realized that I was in the wrong entrance trying to break into someone's apt. w/ a key Smile

luppamom

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 12:48 pm
Lately, when I bag my groceries, I keep putting the person behind me's groceries in my bag. It's a good thing they are paying attention or I'd be in real trouble!

luppamom

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 12:51 pm
Many times I went to work w/ toothpaste on my mouth. Well, at least they know I brush my teeth!

cuties' mom

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 1:25 pm
I took out my keys to open the door to my building. Ds asked if he could do it, so I handed him my keys. He opened the door, and we went to the elevator. While waiting for the elevator, I frantically searched my pockets for my keys. I commented to ds that I don't know where my keys are. He held them up and said, "Go post it on the absentminded thread." (He saw me laughing at the computer last week and wanted to know what was so funny so I read some of them to him.)

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 2:18 pm
BTW I just feel the need to justify the bris gift thing slightly. Another person of the same connection to me had a girl around the same time as this boy was born. So it was like imagine coworkers Surie and Sarah both had babies...Going to Surie's bris... should bring a gift for Surie's baby... was she the one who had a boy or girl? Scratching Head Im with stupid Nerd Hypnotized

luppamom

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 8:48 am
I think we should do a study correlating absent-mindedness and lack of sleep. I wonder what would happen if I slept more, would I have less stories? (I'm so absentminded I can't even remember my best stories Smile)

youngishbear

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 8:50 am
luppamom wrote:
I think we should do a study correlating absent-mindedness and lack of sleep. I wonder what would happen if I slept more, would I have less stories? (I'm so absentminded I can't even remember my best stories Smile)

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Bitachon101

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 11:08 pm
I have a new agenda.... I am so writing a book with these stories! Jk. But its book worthy!!!!
ROTFL

today I was in a huge rush and out of food to make for lunch. I pass a pizza store on way to drop off baby at babysitter so I ordered a pizza and told them I'd be there in a few min.
Of course I forgot to get the pizza and remembered just as I was getting to work.
I was so hungry cuz hadn't eaten yet, I drove all the way back across town to get my slice!
They were wondering what took so long cuz I told them I'd be right there in a minute when I ordered!
The worker who brought it out to me to the car said "ma'am next time u come inside and get yo pizza"

sara_s

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:11 am
I drew money from an ATM then forgot to take the money and walked off!

Remembered a couple of minutes later and rushed back, Baruch hashem the money was still there.

That was a day when I was very tired.

And I know in stressed, because then I mix up the bodywash and the shampoo in the shower

Catcher

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:58 am
This has happenedd to me so many times embarrassed

I get a cup of coffee "to go". As I'm opening up the car door to put other packages inside the car, I put the coffee on the roof. Then I drive away ...

little_mage

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 5:00 am
I was making oatmeal and scrambled eggs for breakfast one morning. I've done this a lot, mind you, but this morning, I dumped the oats into the pan with the eggs instead of the pan with the boiling water...The eggs were rather crunchy...

momX4

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 5:32 am
I had a sick dc up alot at night. the next morning it was freezing and I decided to warm up the car before I drive the other dc to the bus stop. as I was leaving I panicked because I couldnt find my keys. I told dc to go to the car and I will look again, but we were running out if time. as dc left the house to wait outside I remembered the keys were in the car already, I was warming up the car.

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 5:55 am
luppamom wrote:
My building has 3 separate entrances, each w/ the same layout. Today I walked home, bounced the baby up the stairs and started turning the key in the door. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. As I was trying, a lady came down the stairs and said "you don't live here". I said, "Yes, I do. I am new", as I moved recently. After a few seconds, I realized that I was in the wrong entrance trying to break into someone's apt. w/ a key Smile

Rolling Laughter
You guys are awesome
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics