Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Hunter boots

amother

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 9:54 pm
Are they really that great, or is it a brand thing? Just wondering why rubber boots are close to $150-200.

seeker

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 11:38 pm
I think it's a brand thing but I can't find the cheap ones anymore! I had some from Daffy's years ago, maybe $10 or at most $15, that lasted until last year, looked fine, felt fine. Last year they sprung a leak and now that they're in style (I bought them before it was a "thing") I can't find them under $50 anywhere! Sigh.

oliveoil

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 11:49 pm
I went through 4 or 5 pairs of the cheap $20-$30 ones in the few years before I got my Hunters. They all got holes, didn't fit well to begin with and were absolutely FREEZING in the winter.

I was sure the Hunter thing was just a brand thing, but they really are a different quality. They're very solid, they are not nearly as cold as the other ones, have excellent grip on the floor and are a thick sturdy plastic that doesn't tear like other ones.

Having said that, I don't find them as comfortable as I would like, but I have not found anything better and I do consider them worth the money I spent.

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:07 am
I dunno, my cheap ones lasted a few years and I could have replaced them at least 10 times, probably more, for the price of one equivalent Hunter boots. I'm not going to spend $150 on boots that aren't even comfortable; for that price you can get something weatherproof AND comfortable, just not trendy. Oh well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics