Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kosher Shopping: Staten Island-Willowbrook

Grandma 1

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:13 am
For at least the past year, there have been rumors that the building that houses the kosher take-out store, the kosher grocery/comission bakery, and the kosher pizza store, was sold to someone that plans to renovate the building into a kosher supermarket. Everything has been kept hush hush, on the part of the storekeepers. Now it seems like this will be coming to pass, as the take-out owner has announced that his business is closing in 2 weeks. 2 other stores in the building have relocated, and I suspect that the grocery and pizza store will make their imminent closings official this week.
Though I'm excited at the prospect of a new kosher supermarket, I have no idea how long this project could take. These three stores have become mainstays in the community, and it will be very hard to manage without them in the interim.
Does anyone know any details about the timetable, whether any of these stores plan to relocate in the neighborhood, or be a part of the planned supermarket?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries