Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Toy gemach-brooklyn

sourstix

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 9:14 am
does anyone know of such a gemach where you borrow toys and or exchange for other ones? for a small fee? I cant afford new toys they are over my budget. thank you very much.

devy88

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 10:07 am
Where are you located? I'm planning to go through my sons toy closet one day this week. Since I have a very small apt I don't have place to store and will want to get rid of anything he doesn't use anymore.

sourstix

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 10:24 am
sorry but dont take this personally, I dont want to give my location. nor meet anyone from online. I guess if I find a toy gemach I will let you know where it is so you can drop it off. I need to stay anonymous. thanks for your understanding.

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:50 am
I once met a lady who told me she runs a games gemach on Wythe Av in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. She had really nice games, the kind that build thinking and processing skills. I don't think it was little-kiddie toys.

I also know of someone who tried starting a toy gemach mainly with her own no-longer-needed baby/toddler toys, in Flatbush. Not sure if she still does that, it was several years ago and I don't know if it ever got off the ground besides offering to give out her old toys.

Freecycle.org is an EXCELLENT source of free toys. People offer their outgrown toys free to the first responder by email, and if you are lucky you can score some really nice things. If you live in a highly populated area they will often get grabbed up before you respond but if you're persistent and keep checking to answer right away you should be able to get something eventually. I've really lucked out a few times, with many failures in between but the good hauls were well worth the frustrations of the ones I missed.

goforit

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:48 pm
7188510190 she sells used toys for cheap.

sourstix

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:56 pm
thank you thank you seeker and goforit

sourstix

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 1:02 pm
goforit-have u taken from there? were u happy? are u okay telling me the name who I will call? does she do this for the public? or u just happen to know her?

goforit

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 5:29 pm
sourstix wrote:
goforit-have u taken from there? were u happy? are u okay telling me the name who I will call? does she do this for the public? or u just happen to know her?

Yes I have taken from her. she has lots of bikes, games and toys. I am not sure of her name I guess you can check on white pages reverse look up. I know latley she didn't answer her phone when a relative wad trying her. Shes open for the public.

sourstix

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 8:17 pm
goforit-thanks a tone!!!!appreciate it. see you can help a total stranger. isnt that amazing. we havent met but u are helping me. I am impressed. :applause

goforit

Post Mon, Dec 01 2014, 7:26 am
sourstix wrote:
goforit-thanks a tone!!!!appreciate it. see you can help a total stranger. isnt that amazing. we havent met but u are helping me. I am impressed. Applause

I just hope she is still open. I guess you can let us know. ( and anyone following this thread.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries