Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Upshernish @ a restaurant

happy chick

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 10:54 am
I'm thinking of skipping the whole upsher party where I invite every cousin, friend and neighbor I ever met. I'm not a very good party planner and I would love to skip the big party. I'm thinking maybe making a "party" at a restaurant for immediate family only (parent, in-laws, grandparents and siblings). it will def cost less, be a lot less of work/planning for me. my kid will not feel cheated, he will have his day and he will love it.

firstly, I would appreciate any input on the idea. how do I make it kid-friendly and keep the kids entertained without paying for an entertainer?

secondly, which restaurant would allow such a party? I am in brooklyn, expecting approx 20 adults and 20 children. I would like it to be a nice place, not a pizza shop, but I do need them to be understanding of 20 kids running around.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:01 am
Good idea.

Ive seen birthday parties done in spoons in flatbush (j and nostrand). They have a room in the back they might be willing to close off for you if you are enough people. Definitely bring your own balloons or special party napkins and other favors to keep the kids happy... maybe try something like goodie bags for all the kids.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:02 am
I did something similar in cafe k. Very nice and reasonable. Kid was entertained by peckel ach and other kids. Plus had tons of food that he liked
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics