Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2.5 year old waking up nightly

miami85

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 10:34 pm
My 2.5 year-old has not been a great sleeper for most of his life--though he would go to sleep without much fuss, he usually wakes up sometime between 11-3am. For the most part it has been mysterious stomach issues, it had gotten better over this past summer, but then we took away the bottle during Succos, and he has slept in his own toddler-bed for the whole night maybe a few times. When I'm awake and I notice it, he usually wakes up suddenly crying walks straight for our room and climbs into my bed and falls asleep. I wouldn't mind it, except I'm due in 2 months, and I don't think this is a long-term solution. How do I figure out what is waking him up?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 10:39 pm
Had that for a while until we figured it out: pinworms.
They wake up from the discomfort.
Maybe check him when he wakes up.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 10:43 pm
No advice here. Sad Sad have the same issue with my 3.5 year old. I just took away his bottle and he is finally going to bed in his own room. But gets up every single night....

miami85

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:10 pm
amother wrote:
Had that for a while until we figured it out: pinworms.
They wake up from the discomfort.
Maybe check him when he wakes up.

Haven't noticed anything unusual about his diapers. He often wakes up demanding milk and is kind of groggy.

busydev

Post Mon, Dec 01 2014, 12:31 am
maybe offer him water instead of milk (only water is available during the night) it doesnt fill children up as much as milk or other foods, whereas if you give him milk he is hungry then in the middle of the night. you can either "cold turkey" milk or you can give him an oz or two less every night with water if hes still thirsty until hes only getting water. and leave a sipy cup next to his bed.

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Dec 01 2014, 2:06 am
miami85 wrote:
Haven't noticed anything unusual about his diapers. He often wakes up demanding milk and is kind of groggy.

There might not necessarily be anything different about his diapers if he has pinworms. When he wakes up, check him closely around the backside to see if you can see anything before they disappear.

Is he acting crabby at all during the day? Does he play in sand at all?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics