Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
3 yo resists Jewish things
Previous  1  2

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 7:07 pm
oh, also, do you let her light her own shabbos candle? my family does it from age three. my dd just turned three, and she knew well in advance that she was getting her own candlestick for her birthday. she had been begging to light for ages (her older sis does), but I didn't let her until she turned three. she said the bracha with us for about six months beforehand, though. even if this isn't your family minhag, it may be a good idea to allow her to light her own candle. you can buy extra long matches for safety purposes, always a good idea. let her pick out her own candlestick if possible.

lizard8

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 10:39 am
I am not into forcing my kids to do "Jewish" things either. I don't want the pressure to have a negative impact, especially since they don't need to do these mitzvos so young. I never make my 4 yo make a bracha, but she has been watching mitzva boulevard a lot. Yesterday, she started making brachos, and knew the correct brachos from watching the video.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 10:51 am
amother wrote:
what does type 2 mean? I thought type A was difficult.

type 1 are kids who do things for attention, and type 2 are kids who want to be in control. My DD is very independent, does not like to be told what to do, etc...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers