Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Michelle Obama is starving our kids
  1  2  3  11  12  13  Next

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 3:42 pm
My grandson's school has the government inspectors there for the next few weeks. The lunch program is government funded and the new guidelines want to reduce childhood obesity by limiting carbs and proteins and giving more vegetables. The problem is, the kids won't eat this stuff and they are starving from lack of carbs. Also, the school serves plenty of hot dogs and that the government allows but in my mind, that is pure poison. You may disagree with me about that but remember, I am the one of the bubbies here. Lots of school lunch food is ending up in the trash. Your government dollars at work.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 3:43 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My grandson's school has the government inspectors there for the next few weeks. The lunch program is government funded and the new guidelines want to reduce childhood obesity by limiting carbs and proteins and giving more vegetables. The problem is, the kids won't eat this stuff and they are starving from lack of carbs. Also, the school serves plenty of hot dogs and that the government allows but in my mind, that is pure poison. You may disagree with me about that but remember, I am the one of the bubbies here. Lots of school lunch food is ending up in the trash. Your government dollars at work.

The lunch program has a lot of issues. If you're concerned about your grandchildren, maybe discuss your concerns with their parents (your children). Maybe they could send along lunch or extra snack for your sweet einklach?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 3:45 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
The lunch program has a lot of issues. If you're concerned about your grandchildren, maybe discuss your concerns with their parents (your children). Maybe they could send along lunch or extra snack for your sweet einklach?

They just called me to complain.

scrltfr

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:01 pm
Why was this reported?

boysrus

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:03 pm
scrltfr wrote:
Why was this reported?

was wondering the same thing...

June

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:04 pm
because it must be racist Rolling Eyes

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:06 pm
This is kind of offensive to children who are actually starving. And those kids will eat anything, even spinach and Brussels sprouts. Those of us who are fortunate enough to have enough can just send a bag of crackers to school with our nebach carb- deprived children.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:08 pm
It was reported? Oh no, who would do such a thing? How do you know that it was reported? Never said a word about race. I thought that this was an acceptable topic. Horrible that someone would report it.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:10 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
This is kind of offensive to children who are actually starving. And those kids will eat anything, even spinach and Brussels sprouts. Those of us who are fortunate enough to have enough can just send a bag of crackers to school with our nebach carb- deprived children.

Really? I have a granddaughter who is almost 4 who hasn't gained any weight in a year but has grown taller. She won't eat just anything. Some kids would rather starve. Ridiculous what some people take offense at.

Raisin

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:12 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Really? I have a granddaughter who is almost 4 who hasn't gained any weight in a year but has grown taller. She won't eat just anything. Some kids would rather starve. Ridiculous what some people take offense at.

Most kids will not starve. And in any case kids who are eating little at school will make it up later in the day.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:13 pm
Raisin wrote:
Most kids will not starve. And in any case kids who are eating little at school will make it up later in the day.

These kids are hungry while at school.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:16 pm
Picky != starving

Anyway I agree that their standards are strange and often imbalanced. My kids school doesn't even offer lunches so I guess I should be glad I don't have to deal with that. Or maybe I should post about how Michelle Obama is starving my kids by not offering them free lunches? Whatever.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:19 pm
I teach preschool and I agree. We are all complaining. The children don't eat anything. We feel like telling the parents to send in food. We teachers are not even allowed to eat anything. One fish-stick per kid and they're begging for more. They do serve hot-dogs. It doesn't make any sense.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:20 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Picky != starving

Anyway I agree that their standards are strange and often imbalanced. My kids school doesn't even offer lunches so I guess I should be glad I don't have to deal with that. Or maybe I should post about how Michelle Obama is starving my kids by not offering them free lunches? Whatever.

Or maybe....[removed]

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:20 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Picky != starving

It apparently is a problem for children in many schools who depend on school for breakfast and lunch. Some picky children would rather go hungry than eat what they don't like.

I just wonder what kind of person would report a post that was not intended to be racist or derogatory. I am talking about Michelle Obama's school lunch policy that was implemented and causing massive waste in many schools nationwide.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:21 pm
amother wrote:
I teach preschool and I agree. We are all complaining. The children don't eat anything. We feel like telling the parents to send in food. We teachers are not even allowed to eat anything. One fish-stick per kid and they're begging for more. They do serve hot-dogs. It doesn't make any sense.

I love you, I love you, I love you.....

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:22 pm
FYI I did not report your post.

UQT

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:25 pm
I agree with you 100%. The kids are not eating, it's all going to the garbage. Yes, maybe our kids should be gobbling up whole wheat bread, but they aren't. It used to be that if they didn't like the lunch they would just eat plain bread, now that is not an option.

I wonder if those of you in the school can tell us if they see a change for the better that kids are trying and liking or whole wheat or if it's just a bunch of ba'al tashchis and the kids are starving and not concentrating.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:27 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
FYI I did not report your post.

I appreciate that. How do I tell that it was reported? Where does it say that?

Yael

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:31 pm
I cleared the report. There is nothing offensive here.
Page 1 of 13   1  2  3  11  12  13  Next Recent Topics