Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
What to make with chopped chicken and no eggs?

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 2:26 am
I am at a loss. Usually I would make chicken balls in sauce or burgers or something but I am out of eggs. Any ideas?

I was hoping to serve grilled veggies and couscous or rice as well.

Dev80

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 2:37 am
You can saute some veggies (onions, tomatoes, peppers), then add the ground chicken with some spices like parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, etc. It'll make a sauce from the oil so you'll have something to serve over the rice. Or you can add a little soy sauce to the rice or chicken mixture to make more flavors. Or you can skip the veggies sauted in it since you want to serve it with veggies. I can't say this is our FAVORITE dinner but it's decent and hearty.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 2:40 am
That sounds pretty good. So it's like chicken crumbles? Would you add any tomato sauce or paste? Also, how many servings would a 1 lb. package give me if I were to do it your way with the veggies?

youngishbear

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 2:41 am
Sloppy joes? Not sure exactly, what its made with, but I remember something about it not holding a shape, so probably egg free.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 2:46 am
thanks, but the only way we eat sloppy joes is with chopped meat Smile

Dev80

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 2:48 am
Shopmiami49 wrote:
That sounds pretty good. So it's like chicken crumbles? Would you add any tomato sauce or paste? Also, how many servings would a 1 lb. package give me if I were to do it your way with the veggies?

So my husband doesn't like ground chicken with tomato sauce so I don't add it, but you could just do a meat sauce recipe if you like that. Or a bit of tomato paste could probably make a yummy flavor, it's one of those things you'll probably have to taste and adjust since it's not so exact. It is like a chicken crumble, that makes it sound so gourmet Wink.

Hmm so with the veggies it adds volume I'd say you'd probably get at least four- five portions out of it but obviously depends how much everyone eats (I also do half a kilo at a time, and the last time I made it it totally filled my skillet it made a nice amount).

Sorry it's not so exact

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 3:11 am
That sounds perfect. It should be enough to stretch out with my little kids and me and dh, along with the grilled veggies and couscous. If not, I'll make a quick soup or something to go with it.

Thanks so much! I'll let you know how it comes out Smile

Smile1234

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 6:25 am
You can make the asian burger recipe in Fresh and Easy. There are no eggs in it.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 7:07 am
thanks for the idea, Smile!

I ended up going with Dev80's idea and it was fantastic! I added a tiny container of tomato paste for taste - didn't add much liquid, no soy sauce, served over rice. delish!

Dev80

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 7:15 am
yay happy it worked out! And I'm so impressed you make a hot meat lunch Smile

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 8:10 am
I started when I stopped working the morning and my kids were coming home starving at 1:30. It's actually so much easier for us - I have no pressure of needing to make a hot meal during the bathtime and bedtime rush. We just do simple oatmeal, eggs, pasta, grilled cheese, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey