Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Anyone get a new cordless phone recently?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 12:17 pm
I need to replace my cordless phone. I haven't phone shopped in a few years. My current phone has an answering machine, speaker on the handset and base and talking caller ID and I would like to have those features on my new phone. I only need 1 phone for 1 line (no additional handsets).

Any recommendations?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 12:16 pm
is Panasonic the way to go? Maybe radio shack?

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 7:20 pm
bump

Kumphort

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 8:36 pm
I got Panasonic from Amazon. Not sure the exact model but any Panasonic dect6 should be good

mominwb

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 8:51 pm
I just got a panasonic 6.0. It's really bad. I'm getting the at&t slim cordless. Had it till now and it's fantastic.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:15 pm
thanks for the replies. I checked on Amazon and realized that I can't find 1 phone that has 5 stars! Some have 4 and half though. If anyone has a model # that they are happy with I might go for it!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 11:18 pm
I was always happiest with Panasonic.

yidishmamma

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 11:54 pm
Just got AT&T from amazon. Only have it week and so far so good. Till now I had Panasonic

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 8:09 am
Got a new phone recently and I got panasonjc because I know its supposed to be a very good company. I don't know if its just this model or if their quality in general went down because I havent bought a new phone for a very long time before this. But this new phone is awful! When I am on the phone, there are random pauses for 5-10 seconds sometimes where the other party cant hear me but usually I do hear them. It also sometimes just disconnects and hangs up in middle of calls. It also doesnt work very well if I am even a bit far from the base. I live on 2 floors and it gets crackly and poor connection if I am on the second floor. (Never had that experience all my life. My mom always lived on two floors and had cordlesses that worked just fine upstairs and downstairs, even 2 floors away from the base.)
My friend recently also bought the same model in a local store and has the same issues as me. Am hoping I can return it (bought on amazon) and get a new one. I need a new one regardless, but would be a shame to lose the money I spent on this one, its only 2-3 months old and had issues from day one.

Sorry for the long rant. I am just so frustrated with my new phone. I now use my cell for everything and ignore the house phone when it rings unless its very important. If anyone wants I can check up the model number so you make sure not to get that one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics