Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
How do I make apple cobbler muffins

Health is a Virture

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 4:55 am
Hi, I am making a simcha and want to serve individual apple cobbler muffins (it is too hard to serve apple cobbler (always falls apart). How do I do this? do I put them in paper muffin holders? do I use my regular recipe, apple stuff on bottom and then oat topping on top, or do you have a recipe specific for muffins? can I make them in regular muffin tins and pop them out and then freeze like that, or they won't pop out easily because it's not a muffin recipe? advice please. thanks. Or would it make more sense to use an apple muffin recipe as it would be easier to pop out of muffin holders?

AlwaysThinking

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 5:46 am
If you have enough apples, you can cut the top of an apple, scoop out the middle so it's like a container, fill with apple mix and cover with crumble. Bake. It's like a baked apple and a cobbler all in one and it looks great.

Dev80

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 5:56 am
Are you familiar with cardboard muffin holders? They are often slightly taller and are sturdier than muffin papers and they may do the trick (and they come in lots of fun colors so you can probably find something to match).

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:14 am
Use foil vs paper (nicer/fancier/sturdier) and I would sprinkle some of the crumb part on the bottom (you may have to double the crumb proportion), then the apple part, then the crumb part if your recipe is without a batter (I have ones where it's just apples and cinnamon layered with the oat crumble). If your apple part is in batter, though, then you can just sprinkle the topping on top and not also use it as a crust.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes