Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
I'm not invited to the party? No prob. But....
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 5:21 pm
Maybe double think the invitation. I dont care if I'm not invited to the Barmitzvah party. The kiddish is perfect. But when the invitation you chose has an additional party invite which is attached to the cars via preferated cut off line, and its been removed, thereby making it obvious that mine was ripped off before being sent- thats just tacky.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 5:23 pm
Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

Emotional

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 5:28 pm
Not only tacky. But childlike.

rising hero

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 5:34 pm
Are you sure it was torn off from the bar mitzva invitation? Maybe all the kiddush invitations were made like that?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 5:39 pm
Madam F. wrote:
Are you sure it was torn off from the bar mitzva invitation? Maybe all the kiddush invitations were made like that?

With a preferated edge? No.

Barbara

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 6:57 pm
amother wrote:
With a preferated edge? No.

If they used cheap, print your own invitations, it could be.

http://www.lcipaper.com/blank-......html

Quote:
Layout your invitations on your computer, select custom wording, print your invitations, then separate along the perforation. Its that easy.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 8:04 pm
Barbara wrote:

Then the top would also be preferated. It isnt.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 8:15 pm
amother wrote:
Then the top would also be preferated. It isnt.

maybe yours was the first in the stack. Does your last name start with A?

Reesa

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 8:21 pm
It sounds like you feel you should've been invited to the party because most people would feel relieved not to be invited to another simcha where they aren't that close. Ignore their cheaply done invites. And do whatever participation you usually do with these types of acquaintances.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 8:27 pm
Reesa wrote:
It sounds like you feel you should've been invited to the party because most people would feel relieved not to be invited to another simcha where they aren't that close. Ignore their cheaply done invites. And do whatever participation you usually do with these types of acquaintances.

I may or may not want to go to any given simcha, but there's definitely a difference between an invitation that just has a kiddush invite and no response card and an invitation where it is NOTICABLE that part of the invitation was removed.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:22 pm
It sounds like when my husband comes home Friday night from shul and says xyz invited him for kiddish for his sons bar mitzvah and he apologizes to him that they really didn't send out invitations while on Facebook his wife was asking people where there response cards were. And he said he is only making a kiddish. Yes the wife posted pictures of herself in a gown at the party. I don't need to be invited buy why lie.

Hatemywig

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:59 pm
I ordered invitation with a tear off for my son's Bar Mitzvah. It was one of the cheapest options the printer had to offer us.

As much as I would have loved to invite everyone I know, I couldn't afford it.

Some people print their Invitations with a cut-off edge that has a Thank you card to be sent out to people that have given gifts.

Heyaaa

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 12:34 am
Maybe both sides said the same thing. Maybe the other side came out blank by mistake

seeker

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 9:10 am
Sorry to be the one to say it, actually appalled that I'm the first to say it with so many responses already, but GET OVER IT.

If you say you have no issue with being invited to the kiddush and not the party, then you should have no issue with receiving an invitation with the party part removed. That's all it is.

My assumption is that it is FAR cheaper and easier for the parents to order only one type of invitation rather than making up something separate for kiddush vs party attendees, and do the chopping themselves. What difference does it make to you?

Just get over it. How shallow can you be.

Lady Godiva

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 9:16 am
Seriously? Get over it. Unless it's your sibling who's making a bar mitzvah and inviting everybody else in the family but you to the party, let it go.
You're THAT offended? Don't go to the kiddush.

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 10:21 am
Good Grief Ladies!
She is entitled to be a little miffed.
The operative word is a LITTLE miffed...

But OP, please be advised the shorter your pity party the better off you will be.

Life is in session and we are no longer in seventh grade reliving disappointments of not being invited to EVERY single class sleepover.

I am sure you live an amazing life.

This is just one little blip.

amother

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 10:22 am
Why can't the Baal simcha just pay a few extra dollars and order the cheapest regular invitation and a small card for the party during the week. It does not cost that much extra money and maybe not hurt people's feelings. For the fifty extra dollars (maybe that much) there will be a lot less loshon harah spoken amongst your friends of who got the full invitation and a lot more ahava between people. Very easy just say stop acting like a baby but people are human and have feelings.

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 10:25 am
While on the topic of BIZARRE invitations help me figure this one out:

Hubby and I received an invitation on December 3 for a wedding on December 15 .

I happily filled out the response card only to discover it had a little disclaimer that said please respond by November 21.

Does this mean we were on the C List of invitations???

Do invitations really get lost in the mail.

I don't enjoy getting all dressed up on a Monday evening after a full day of work.
Do I ignore the invite and pretend I never received it?

amother

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 10:28 am
When was the invitation postmarked?

Barbara

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 10:29 am
ValleyMom wrote:
While on the topic of BIZARRE invitations help me figure this one out:

Hubby and I received an invitation on December 3 for a wedding on December 15 .

I happily filled out the response card only to discover it had a little disclaimer that said please respond by November 21.

Does this mean we were on the C List of invitations???

Do invitations really get lost in the mail.

I don't enjoy getting all dressed up on a Monday evening after a full day of work.
Do I ignore the invite and pretend I never received it?

Yes, invitations really get lost in the mail.

Respond with mazel tov. Sorry, can't make it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics