Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Vacation In Israel while pregnant

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 12:01 pm
HI,
We were planning on taking a small vacation in January (this is the only time my work gives me off- do not get a/t in the summer etc. so my husband said he would take off 2 days to do s/t.. I was thinking I wanted to go to Mount Chermon and do snow tubing/ tabagoning etc.. but I am in early pregnancy- 8 weeks and from looking online now looks like its really not the safest thing to do while pregnant.
(I would ask my OB) but just curious
1. Would you go snow tubing while pregnant- not showing yet..meaning no real bump.
2. Any other good ideas for a january vacation somewhere in Israel.. we want to do s/t fun as s/o else would be watching kids while we go and never did that before. Activites (again s/t like jet skiing would prob e out) but other things .. not just hanging around type.
Anon bec didnt announce preg yet..

water_bear88

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 12:23 pm
B'sha'ah tovah!

1. You might be just early enough in pregnancy for the things you mentioned to be safe- definitely worth asking your doctor.

2. If your doctor doesn't ok those, maybe hiking if there's some part of the country you haven't spent much time in? It's a good time of year weather-wise for the Negev or the coast.

:) :)

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 1:25 pm
I probably wouldnt do that, but I am no doctor so definitely just do as he says.
If its a no however, I would def recommend eilat.
This time of year should be quiet (less no tsnius women around etc if this is an issue) and there is loads to do there. I went when I was pregnant with the first and it was amazing. Check on daka90.co.il they usually have good deals for hotel and flight (40mins flight)

Bshah tove Smile

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 1:54 pm
OP here- for the poster that suggested Eilat what did u do there? I went in seminary and we did snorkling and glass-bottom boat.
The boat I could see doing again but don't think I would do snorkling now.. what other ideas to do there?

hila

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 1:03 am
Swim with dolphins - they love pregnant women.

Why cant you snorkel ? Just deep sea diving might be a problem.

Plenty of hiking. Just drink lots even in January.

Jeep trips in the desert.

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 1:15 am
hila wrote:
Swim with dolphins - they love pregnant women.

Why cant you snorkel ? Just deep sea diving might be a problem.

Plenty of hiking. Just drink lots even in January.

Jeep trips in the desert.

This is the one suggestion on all these lists I would exclude. Jeep trip are super bumpy! I went on a jeep trip once and felt like it was going to knock my teeth loose. Maybe our jeep just had lousy shock absorbers?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 3:49 am
op here..
Anyhow I went to OB yesterday and he actually said NO PROB.. you can go snow tubing or really do most sports for the next six weeks approx.. He explained that in the beg of pregnancy the baby is further down ( I think in the pelvis..) and much more protected.. later on.. when more in abdominal area it could cause a problem if you fall etc.. but for the first few months it would not affect the baby.

I am sooo excited that I can do it..
So now.. any recommendations?- hotels, activities there etc.. any good deals for january?/

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 4:57 am
OP, where is there snow tubing in Israel? Smile

Enjoy your trip!

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 5:08 am
I missed the part where you are so early in pregnancy. You can pretty much do anything.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 5:15 am
Chermon as far as I know

animeme

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 7:42 am
I was told absolutely not for swimming with dolphins, no matter how early. Their sonar lets them hear the second heartbeat and they get confused. The dolphin place wouldn't let me.

Health is a Virture

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 8:13 am
it's funny how everybody's experiences with life are different. at 8 weeks pregnant, I just have to stay close to a bathroom in case I have to you know... and sleep, sleep, sleep, but it might just be because it's my only oasis from the nausea. wow, feeling good at 8 weeks to go snow-tubing...sounds like so much fun!!!! enjoy

2gether

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 9:14 am
amother wrote:

Any other good ideas for a january vacation somewhere in Israel.. we want to do s/t fun as s/o else would be watching kids while we go and never did that before. Activites (again s/t like jet skiing would prob e out) but other things .. not just hanging around type.

dead sea, masada,
http://www.cityofdavid.org.il/.....david

contact http://www.k-etzion.co.il/Inde.....age=1
thקy have organized trips for the public, and amat habiar:
http://www.k-etzion.co.il/Inde.....age=1

amother

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 11:19 am
OP here Thanks for the ideas.. keep them coming
to the poster who mentioned about feeling awful at the beg of pregnancy.. I know all about it and really have to count my blessings this time around. My last two pregnancy I spent in the bathroom and bed pretty much.. at least for the first 1/2 of the pregnancy..
I am somewhat nauseous and have puked a few times.. but not nearly as bad as the other times.. I am tired but hoping a vacation will rejuvenate me a bit and at least it will be a bit of break from the kids and work etc..

:) :)

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 2:30 am
if you still wanna go to eilat I was looking at daka90 last night. they had 3 nights in eilat in january for 760 shekel a person (flight and hotel included)

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 3:28 am
OP here.. Thanks for the replies.. I think I really have my heart set on Chermon.. does a/t have recommendations of tzimmer/ hotel and also besides the snowtubing, tabagoning etc.. what else is there in the area..
Any restaurants with good hashgacha/ groceries?? (we can take along grill possibly and bring frozen things that will eventually defrost etc..)
A/o who has done this or has any info.. please share

Dev80

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 3:41 am
I think theres an ice skating rink up there (something with 'Canada' in the name), a seminary girl told me she went there. In Tiveria there's a hechsher rav Auerbach we were told is good, but this was a few years ago and not shmitta, and not sure if the Chermon would have the same hechsher
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions