Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
2 questions: What has to be put into a new kitchen contract?

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 11:44 pm
Two questions:

1. What has to be put into a new kitchen contract (and some people forget and get hit with extra charges)

2. What are the biggest kitchen mistakes youve heard of?

Im about to choose and sign on kitchen cabinets with a big name Brooklyn kitchen person known for good quality cabinets (but two people who I know used him and have huge regrets).

What has to be put into the contract?

Everyone I know has something they forgot to add to the contract, or realized afterwards they should have put into the contract. Outside of those who spent a fortune on uniquely expensive kitchens, with top customer service, and really good designers, EVERYONE who put in a kitchen has some regrets, even those who used the top names in Brooklyn!

Such as:

1- A kitchen designer's placement of cooktop in a corner is a fire hazard. Not enough ventilation there.
2- When putting in built in cabinets to ceiling, customer wasnt told they might have to redo ceiling of kitchen and nearby room and that was very expensive.
3- Customer asked for lots of drawers rather than doors on bottom, and because one corner area has cabinets with drawers on both sides, she didnt get access to one corner of kitchen, she now has a huge dead space in her already small kitchen.
4- Kitchen goes to ceiling with no finishing molding. They were told its not necessary. It looks unfinished. Every nice kitchen has some kind of a molding on top (I think its called crown molding).

TIA

Leahh

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 12:38 am
All your examples have to do it design. I don't believe the design is part of the contract that's separate.
make sure you'll get any extra you can think of that you want.
some examples:
soft closing hinges
moldings
valence for window if there is one between cabinets
dividers in the drawer for silverware
built in cutting board
counter top applianc storage
Microwave shelf

nyer1

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 9:59 am
It sounds ridiculous but make sure there is plenty of room to fully open fridge with someone still able to pass and walk behind u
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics