Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Any community suggestions for me?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 10:24 pm
Dh and I are modern orthodox - we send our kids to coed yeshiva.
We would love a small community with a yeshiva with a top notch reputation for secular education. Warm and friendly modern orthodox types. A pretty place to live without crazy high taxes....
Any ideas of anywhere that would fit for us?
Thanks in advance...

2gether

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 8:21 am
Teaneck ?

rosenbal

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 8:31 am
2gether wrote:
Teaneck ?

Teaneck isn't small and Bergen County taxes are very high.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 8:52 am
Fair Lawn, NJ. 12 minutes from Teaneck, smaller and a nice warm community. Tons of schools (expensive, but tons of them) taxes are lower than Teaneck and the cost of owning a home is also lower.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 9:02 am
New Hempstead

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 3:33 pm
rochester ny

nylon

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 4:22 pm
amother wrote:
New Hempstead

Not for someone who sends to coed. She'd have to send her kids to Teaneck.

Lower Merion, possibly. Outside of Philadelphia. Cheaper than NYC, but expensive for Philadelphia.

abby1776

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 4:45 pm
Does it have to be in The NY area? What about Silver Spring? The taxes aren't crazy. You could get a house in the 400-600k range but tuition is still expensive.

Other than that North Miami Beach? Boca Raton?

nia73

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 6:43 pm
Cooper City, FL is growing slowly but surely. People are getting together to move from Miami Beach to here because of the A+ schools, cheaper cost of living, larger homes, quieter & safer. It is also more spacious. If interested let me know as I can give you contact info of the couple organizing the community.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 7:07 pm
Richmond virginia...homes under 300k, eruv, low low tuition! Nice but small community.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 9:38 pm
Southfield, Michigan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nFvluxBypM

PAMOM

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 11:09 pm
Agree with Lower Merion, PA.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 11:06 pm
I live in Paramus. I LOVE it. Lowest taxes in Bergen County, 5 miles +/- to Teaneck, AMAZING shopping and loads of schools to choose from.
We are a small, but growing community.. it is super modern here though, so if that is not of interest it probably would not be for you. (to clarify- super modern = most women wear pants, don't cover hair, very non judgmental, men and women socialize etc)

Email paramusrocks@gmail.com if you want more info (that does not go to me, but to membership).

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 12:51 pm
check out http://www.relocatehouston.org/ it has info on the houston jewish community

tryinghard

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 2:33 pm
amother wrote:
rochester ny

I am a big Rochester advocate, but there is not a strong MO community here - I have MO friends who have to agonize over whether to send their kids to the yeshivish school or the community (read: federation) one. For someone who calls themselves "just plain Orthodox", this can be a great place, bu tI don't think MO will find what they are looking for here.

libadmin

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 3:02 pm
West Hempstead- more affordable than the five towns, HANC is the community school, very friendly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating