Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bobs Furniture experience

hisweety

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 10:29 am
I'm on the lookout to get a a bed for my girls room, and I have a major crush on Bobs furniture Madelyn collection. I am very skeptical because I haven't heard anyone buy furniture from that store, and online feedback is very confusing (as usual). So if anyone has or knows any info, good or bad, please let me know. TIA

lizard8

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 10:42 am
I bought a dining room set from them. The chairs I was not happy with, so they took them back for a full refund. The table is 2 years old and in great condition. I purchased the warranty, and they already helped when something really oily stained it.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 11:10 am
I bought a painted metal bed for a child ( about 8-9 yrs ago) and while it looked pretty it didn't last.

hisweety

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 11:12 am
studying_torah wrote:
I bought a painted metal bed for a child ( about 8-9 yrs ago) and while it looked pretty it didn't last.

Really? Thats interesting, cuz they claim not to carry metal only solid wood!!

studying_torah

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 11:39 am
I meant that it didn't last more than a year or two.
I don't know what they claim to carry, but it was one of those decorative wrought iron style beds. Not a lot of money, but as I said it didn't last more than a year or two.

Happy18

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 11:51 am
Our bedroom set is from there almost 6 years old. Still in great condition except some cosmetic damage done by movers in our last move. I think for a kids room it's terrific.

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 12:26 pm
We have a lot of stuff from there. The best couch ever, a dining room set, bunk beds, a dresser and amour. The wood is soft so every scratch shows. The delivery and assembly guys were terrible - the furniture was ordered at different times and in different states, so I dont know what the story is with that. The table and bed were ruined during assembly, but after a few calls to customer care, alls good. Were overall happy with everything.

If you want new stuff and dont have a fortune to spend, go to bobs. Wed go again, just keep a close eye on the workers.

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 12:29 pm
Our couch lasted well. We bought the protection package and used it. Definiitely worth it if you buy the protection package.
My daughter's bed collapses so often, she just leaves the mattress down. I would never buy a bed or dresser from them again, but I'd buy a couch or loveseat.

Barbara

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 12:34 pm
We have a loveseat from there. Its staunchly OK.

Our friends who bought leather couches from Bob's are uniformly unhappy. Even with the extended warranty, they were all trash within just a few years.

Our friends who bought dining room furniture are equally unhappy.

SacN

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 1:34 pm
We bought two leather couches.
They look brand new, 4 years later, with little kids. We are very very happy, and happy we brought them when we made aliyah.

We also got a coffee table and a dining room server. They were pretty but junk. They lasted, but we moved and sold them before we had the chance to find out when they'd die.

hisweety

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 3:26 pm
debsey wrote:
Our couch lasted well. We bought the protection package and used it. Definiitely worth it if you buy the protection package.
My daughter's bed collapses so often, she just leaves the mattress down. I would never buy a bed or dresser from them again, but I'd buy a couch or loveseat.

That sounds pretty bad... What type of a bed is it and could it be fixed?

momesq

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 8:37 pm
I got a side server table from them. They delivered and assembled. Loved it and very reasonable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics