Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Positive Beginnings Preschool in Flushing
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 12:41 pm
I'm wondering if anyone has any reviews about the Positive Beginnings Preschool in Flushing NY. They have a bilingual (hebrew/english) UPK program for 4 year olds. I know the school is open for the whole community(not just jewish) but they have a UPK bilingual program with kosher food and teaches some jewish studies. I'd just like to know if anyone had any good experiences.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 7:35 pm
All I can say is I had my child in and. Pulled out mid year as did 9 other families. Not sure about Halachos of lashan hara so will not give details but you may want to do your research.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 8:00 pm
previous amother can I message u- I am thinking of enrolling my daughter next year

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 9:10 pm
amother wrote:
previous amother can I message u- I am thinking of enrolling my daughter next year

OP here, not sure if you were asking me, but yes.

To the amother who pulled out their child, it would have been very useful for me if you could (pm me) tell me what exactly you didn't like at the school. I've been trying to do my research and I don't know anyone who sent their kids over there, so that is why I'm asking over here. I already gave a deposit because I was told that there aren't many spots left right now and I don't want my child to get stuck without a school for next year. Now I'm worried about it. I don't like pulling my child out of the school in the middle of the year, and I hope I won't have to do that.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 9:30 pm
OP here again
By the way, I was also thinking of sending my kids to Gan Eden school but it would cost us more so that's why I was looking for UPK programs. So did I make a mistake? is Gan Eden school worth the money rather than Positive Beginnings?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 10:12 pm
as far as I know Positive Beginnings is not run by frum or Jewish ppl it is a private special ed program so. I do not see how this relevant information is lh

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 11:13 pm
T he ones who own it are frum. I know lots of people who pulled out and had to find new place for kids mid year....

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:40 am
amother wrote:
as far as I know Positive Beginnings is not run by frum or Jewish ppl it is a private special ed program so. I do not see how this relevant information is lh

The bilingual UPK 4 year old program is jewish and not special ed.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 8:22 am
I would not send a dead fly to possitive beginings, If you MUST know why feel free to leave a screen name to PM.

libadmin

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 10:43 am
I am interested too amother if you can PM me.

israeli83

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 11:15 am
Same here...to the amother above this poster... please pm me and tell me about the school.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 1:54 pm
OP here
I'm just wondering if many of you said you wouldn't send your kids to Positive Beginnings, how come I'm not getting any kind of explanation as to why it's not a good school? I've tried to PM you and you can PM me back for reasons.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 10:04 am
OP here

Just wondering why I didn't get any pm's from any of those posters above that said to pm for more information. It just seems a big strange...all those posters above that said they'd never send their kids to the school and didn't give me any reasons.

morah

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 10:22 am
They can't PM you if you're anonymous. You can either post under your sn, or you can provide an email address (you can create a new one if you don't want to give out your real one).

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 10:35 am
Ok, please email me (pianissimo83@aol.com) if you have any information about this school. Sorry, it's just frustrating.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 2:25 pm
well, I gave out my email and still nobody got back to me to tell me why I shouldn't send my kid to this school... so this is very strange.

sv9506

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 9:13 pm
Are there any details on what is wrong with Positive Beginnings? I am considering sending my daughter there and am very curious. This is obviously time sensitive. You can pm me here or email me at sv9506@yahoo.com Thanks

advaliza

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 3:41 pm
If there is anyone who has information about positive beginnings that could share it, Id like to request that you please contact me. I, along with a group of friends are planning on sending our children and are getting a bit concerned. I'd like to know your experiences, thank you in advance

miami85

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 4:54 pm
I do know the owners of Positive Beginnings, but I don't know the school. I don't know first hand what happened but from what I heard was that a few individuals asked a shaila about their personal situation and were told that it was not for them, but others either heard of the psak and either panicked or acted without asking their own shaila

advaliza

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 12:21 pm
thank you. Does anyone know why there were a group of families that pulled out mid-year? There are a few of us signed up for the fall and have some concerns and are trying to get more details about the issues that were there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers