Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
All female gym in Chicago

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 7:48 am
Any recommendations for a separate gender gym in the Chicago area?

mommy1108

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 8:35 am
You only have 3 choices:

2 life/ wifi gym- nice facilities and when I belonged there I was probably the only one to use the showers. Very clean and pretty. But no one really goes so it's lonely. I'd recommend getting a workout partner

JCC- no classes but includes a pool. This would be good if you just need equipment and want to socialize with other frum ladies. There are hours that it's more on the empty side as well.

Womens workout world (lawrence and Rockwell)- lots of classes and equipment. Not super pretty but neither is the J. Classes are fun. A lot of frum ladies go. You will likely see at least 2 or 3 ladies in tichels each time you go. Very cheap rates nowadays

I'm sure there is a curves somewhere but haven't heard anytjing

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 11:52 am
JCC does have classes

you can also check out Zumba

Marci Fitness Training 847-722-4788 classes

busydev

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 1:13 pm
there is also a place on touhy by the new walmart called xsport fitness (or maybe xtreme fitness?) that has a womens only boot camp 2 or 3 times a week (think 3- s,t,th, I can find out details if you want. have a friend that goes). but the whole gym is not separate, just the one class (in totally private room)

cbsmommy

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 10:01 pm
Last time I looked into it, the women's only section of xsport fitness tops out at something like $100/month.

Women's Workout World has $20-30/month membership, and they allow you to take unlimited group fitness classes as part of that membership.

There are a number of personal trainers that teach classes - Sunny Levi teaches Tae Kwon Do, Erica Simon - Werq and Move, Tzipporah Gelman teaches Frumba, Zimmerman runs a dance class, Helen Baylis does cardio kickboxing, Marci Siebzener runs a bootcamp...I think I named the major ones. Those classes are typically $10-12 a session.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating