Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
No money = no life

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 2:27 pm
We have a very low income and have no money for anything. I suffer from depression/anxiety and I'm on meds but they are not so effective. My house is a wreck, to put it mildly. You can't see my counters or dining room table. My floor is an obstacle course of toys, clothes, food, everything. I have no energy to do anything. It is hard enough to get myself to go to work every day. I have no motivation or energy.

I am naturally a messy, disorganized person. I wish I could have the money to get my life in order. I want to hire a professional organizer or at the very least a cleaning lady for a few hours a week.

I want to have normal furniture - every single thing we have is used. I don't have a bed to sleep in - my kids sleep in old used mattresses on the floor. My dh sleeps in a cheap cot. Our chairs are mismatched. My kids only wear used clothes. They wear used boots and used coats.

I want to be able to hire a babysitter. I have had a babysitter ONE TIME ONLY in the last 2 years to go out with dh on my birthday. I wish I could have someone watch my kids so I could have a break for one hour alone once in awhile.

I feel like I can't get my life in order because I don't have the money for basic things. I can't get out and take care of myself or do things I want because we have no money. Dh can't babysit b/c he works all day and comes home very late at night.

I wish I could fix my life but do not have the means to do it.

Both dh and I have masters degrees but I was not able to get the job I wanted. Dh will hopefully make more one day but right now makes very little. We work so hard and make so little.

Sad

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 2:45 pm
Hugs. I'm also messy/disorganized, but I'm a little more on top of it now that I'm not working full-time.

If you live in Yerushalayim, you are more than welcome to PM me, and I can come babysit or straighten up, no charge.

Can you get furniture used? Can you bring in money by advertising yourself as a freelancer, or by transcribing or something?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics