Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Listen to this song and guess my pest
1  2  Next

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:00 pm

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:03 pm
mouse

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:05 pm
amother wrote:
mouse

unfortunately At wits end

Fox

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:05 pm
Ducks and pigs who wear shirts but no pants?

Barbara

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:08 pm
Fox wrote:
Ducks and pigs who wear shirts but no pants?

Why does Goofy walk uprights and speak, but Pluto is, well, a dog?

youngishbear

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:12 pm
Barbara wrote:

I have always wondered about that. Where are the animal rights activists on this forum? Pure discrimination.

Fox

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:17 pm
southernbubby wrote:
unfortunately At wits end

I'll likely be accused of being an employee or owner of Victor Pest, but I'm really not; I'm just a satisfied Rat Zapper user (www.victorpest.com).

I live in a very old house, and when a house's foundation has settled over 80 years, there's no way to "mouse-proof" it. All the advice about sealing up entrances is a joke in such a situation!

After trying all sorts of solutions, I've found the Rat Zapper works best and is most humane. I leave mine armed and ready all the time, and it manages to eliminate any problems before uninvited guests can settle in and set up housekeeping.

I've also had good luck with the Riddex device sold at Wal-Mart. This is *not* an ultrasonic device that emits a high-pitched tone that is supposedly unpleasant to little creatures -- those never worked for me. Rather, it is plugged into an outlet, and it sends vibrations through the wires.

Between the Riddex device and my Rat Zappers, I almost never play unwitting host to a mouse club anymore -- even Mickey's!

sequoia

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:17 pm
Barbara wrote:

http://www.cracked.com/article......html

Warning: swear words

Fox

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:18 pm
Barbara wrote:

When you get demoted from being a planet, things go downhill fast!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:19 pm
Fox wrote:
I'll likely be accused of being an employee or owner of Victor Pest, but I'm really not; I'm just a satisfied Rat Zapper user (www.victorpest.com).

I live in a very old house, and when a house's foundation has settled over 80 years, there's no way to "mouse-proof" it. All the advice about sealing up entrances is a joke in such a situation!

After trying all sorts of solutions, I've found the Rat Zapper works best and is most humane. I leave mine armed and ready all the time, and it manages to eliminate any problems before uninvited guests can settle in and set up housekeeping.

I've also had good luck with the Riddex device sold at Wal-Mart. This is *not* an ultrasonic device that emits a high-pitched tone that is supposedly unpleasant to little creatures -- those never worked for me. Rather, it is plugged into an outlet, and it sends vibrations through the wires.

Between the Riddex device and my Rat Zappers, I almost never play unwitting host to a mouse club anymore -- even Mickey's!

well, it looks like I have to make another trip to Wal-mart but Fox, does that make the liberals upset?

Fox

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:36 pm
southernbubby wrote:
well, it looks like I have to make another trip to Wal-mart but Fox, does that make the liberals upset?

Well, duh!

You're strengthening the military-industrial complex at the expense of historically oppressed mice. You're propping up reactionary interests in China. You're supporting patriarchal constructs inherent in capitalism.

And have we actually ascertained that the mouse in question is not part of an endangered species? Is this mouse part of the LGBT mouse community? Is this a Chassidish, Yeshivish, or MO mouse? It seems like we have a lot of unanswered questions . . .

But while you're at Wal-Mart, be sure to stock up on toilet tissue and paper towels. Even liberals hate to run out of toilet tissue and paper towels!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:37 pm
Get a cat

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:38 pm
Fox wrote:
Well, duh!

You're strengthening the military-industrial complex at the expense of historically oppressed mice. You're propping up reactionary interests in China. You're supporting patriarchal constructs inherent in capitalism.

And have we actually ascertained that the mouse in question is not part of an endangered species? Is this mouse part of the LGBT mouse community? Is this a Chassidish, Yeshivish, or MO mouse? It seems like we have a lot of unanswered questions . . .

But while you're at Wal-Mart, be sure to stock up on toilet tissue and paper towels. Even liberals hate to run out of toilet tissue and paper towels!

they use compost toilets

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:39 pm
amother wrote:
Get a cat

I love cats but I get very itchy around them. I also leave town a lot.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:39 pm
Fox wrote:
Well, duh!

There ought to be a more environmentally conscious way to wipe.
Nerd

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:54 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Nerd

I was just thinking the other day that I'm surprised NYC didn't outlaw toilet paper yet in public bathrooms and make everyone change to bidets....

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:56 pm
At least it's unfortunate to you. Apparently, there are others who don't mind cute little mice scurrying in their home...check out a recent thread!

The glue trap worked well for us.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 3:58 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
At least it's unfortunate to you. Apparently, there are others who don't mind cute little mice scurrying in their home...check out a recent thread!

It depends on the intelligence of the mouse.

Fox

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:04 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Nerd

Oh, trust me! There is!

Google "reusable toilet wipes" and you'll find a plethora of options for "family wipes" or "family cloths" that are washed and re-used. You'll also find waaaay more information than you probably wanted about precisely how people use these wipes.

You can even make your own out of recycled fabric.

Despite my non-crunchiness (sogginess?), my Midwestern background creates a kind of waste-not-want-not mentality. My grandmothers both thought toilet tissue was a bit posh when they received so many perfectly servicable catalogs.

But they eventually changed their attitudes, and I'm afraid this is one area where the environment will have to look after itself!

Fox

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 4:06 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

PSA: check with your rav before using glue traps. Our rav holds that it is tzaar baal chaim.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics