Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Michelle "starved" him and now he has a black eye
1  2  Next

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:11 pm
we don't know how it happened. His teacher didn't see it happen. He did fall outside and he claimed that his teacher kicked him but that for sure did not happen. The playground camera does not show it. My daughter was upset because no one called her. It happened at the end of the day and he was simply put on the bus for my daughter to discover when he came home.

Barbara

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:14 pm
southernbubby wrote:
we don't know how it happened. His teacher didn't see it happen. He did fall outside and he claimed that his teacher kicked him but that for sure did not happen. The playground camera does not show it. My daughter was upset because no one called her. It happened at the end of the day and he was simply put on the bus for my daughter to discover when he came home.

It was Michelle, and he was afraid to tell you.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:15 pm
Southernbubby, be afraid. Be very afraid.

You've been outed as the OP of the antiFLOTUS thread!! Now they're after you and your progeny!!

shock

Quick, to the the tehillim thread!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:16 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Southernbubby, be afraid. Be very afraid.

You've been outed as the OP of the antiFLOTUS thread!! Now they're after you and your progeny!!

shock

Quick, to the the tehillim thread!

that too, another grandchild is having surgery tomorrow. Are tonsils and adenoids disposable?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:17 pm
Barbara wrote:
It was Michelle, and he was afraid to tell you.

it was probably Mickey Mouse

Barbara

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:23 pm
southernbubby wrote:
it was probably Mickey Mouse

No. Chuck E Cheese. That's one mean-looking rodent.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:23 pm
Barbara wrote:
No. Chuck E Cheese. That's one mean-looking rodent.

Rolling Laughter

youngishbear

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:24 pm
No. Pluto. Definitely.

Why don't you check with the NSA? They should know.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:28 pm
youngishbear wrote:
No. Pluto. Definitely.

Why don't you check with the NSA? They should know.

great idea, maybe there are satellite photos of the incident

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 6:56 pm
southernbubby wrote:
that too, another grandchild is having surgery tomorrow. Are tonsils and adenoids disposable?

in my family they are. I told the ent and gastro that we might as well take it out as soon as the kid is born... why suffer for 3-4 years first?!?!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 7:00 pm
bnm wrote:
in my family they are. I told the ent and gastro that we might as well take it out as soon as the kid is born... why suffer for 3-4 years first?!?!

I plan to sing this to him before the surgery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aG09eyYNpQ

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 7:11 pm
there was a yiddish play years ago where the guy was talking about his newborn twins and someone else thought he was talking about his tonsil surgery 'shlish shlish zoom zoom in da garbage'..... Sesame Street Grover gets his tonsils out, book was published in 88 I think, I found it on Amazon before my daughter's surgery.

penguin

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 8:19 pm
Quote:
Are tonsils and adenoids disposable?
As in do they grow back? No, I wouldn't think so. Or as in do they need kevurah, like an amputation chv? AYLOR!

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 8:36 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
As in do they grow back? No, I wouldn't think so. Or as in do they need kevurah, like an amputation chv? AYLOR!

Addenoids MAY grow back- they only get shaved and the younger the kid is the higher the chances of regrowth and tonsils if shaved there is a 1/400 chance that they can grow back. I told the ent to kindly remove them completely while he is in there.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 8:40 pm
How old is the hungry child with the black eye?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 9:06 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
How old is the hungry child with the black eye?

He turned 5 in Tammuz.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 9:08 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:

No, I never heard of kevurah for anything but limbs but then I never asked a rav about burying anything that was removed. I just meant that it seems that some body parts are frequently removed from many children.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 9:16 pm
southernbubby wrote:
He turned 5 in Tammuz.

Well maybe the teacher did not see him fall or did not realize he had a black eye? Maybe the bruise developed only later and even if the teacher did notice it, maybe she thought he had it before? Children tend to fall a lot and are often bruised. Maybe he simply fell while running? Hope he gets better soon & refueah shalaima to the other one with the tonsillectomy scheduled. Let us know how it goes!!!

youngishbear

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 9:17 pm
southernbubby wrote:
No, I never heard of kevurah for anything but limbs but then I never asked a rav about burying anything that was removed. I just meant that it seems that some body parts are frequently removed from many children.

Much less so today than they used to.

Talk about disposable, anyone remember the scene in the book Cheaper by the Dozen (not the movie) where the father hires a videographer to film the tonsillectomies of all (most, anyway) of his kids?

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 9:18 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Much less so today than they used to.

Talk about disposable, anyone remember the scene in the book Cheaper by the Dozen (not the movie) where the father hires a videographer to film the tonsillectomies of all (most, anyway) of his kids?

and the video camera was missing film... and the 1 kid that didn't get it done needed it done another time Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers