Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Prospect park yeshivah

interestedbrooklyn

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 1:13 pm
Do any mothers not cover their hair?

chayamiriam

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 1:26 pm
Most do

interestedbrooklyn

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 1:27 pm
Does that mean that there are a few that for sure don't?

chayamiriam

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 1:42 pm
Wasn't intrested enough to count! Why does it matter so much? I just know it's a great school and gives the girls a wonderful Jewish and secular education! The administration is very nice too that's all that counts for me! What every one else is wearing will make no difference in your daughters life!

interestedbrooklyn

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 2:30 pm
It matters because I love the school and am thinking of not covering my hair anymore and don't want my daughter kicked out.

OneSource

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 2:35 pm
It's going to be a problem. I know a mother who is divorced and doesn't cover her hair. It was a BIG problem. If you aren't divorced, it's going to cause you issues.

interestedbrooklyn

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 2:43 pm
Big problem like what her daughter was kicked out or what? I am divorced so.....

pesek zman

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 2:52 pm
I went there (admittedly a long tjme ago) and my mjm didn't cover her hair. She would put on a hat when she went to pay tuition or whatever but pretty sure all they cared about was the check clearing....maybe things have changed

OneSource

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 2:56 pm
I don't want to give too many details in case anyone here knows her but she had a problem keeping her daughter in school. If you are divorced, why not just throw a hat on if you need to go to the school for pickup or to drop off? I know women who just cover their hair in the car before going into the school for whatever reason but generally don't cover elsewhere. If the admin's or teachers see you with your hair uncovered, that's where the problem there begins. Other parents don't usually tell the teachers/admin's xxx doesn't cover her hair.

interestedbrooklyn

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 3:10 pm
I don't mind at all covering when I go. I was just wondering about the rest of the time. This is new territory for me and like the school so much. I don't want to rock the boat.

interestedbrooklyn

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 3:15 pm
What about boys schools that mothers don't all cover or cover when at the school?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries