Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Which coffee

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:32 am
I like yo drink tasters choice Colombian coffee but it's hard to find near me. Which coffee would you recommend I try that would be similar? I have a coffee maker that I can use (not a keurig) TIA!

Anon cuz my friends know about this

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:14 pm
Bump

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:50 pm
why on earth do you need to be anonymous?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:52 pm
andrea levy wrote:
why on earth do you need to be anonymous?

I have spoken to my friends about this and I don't want them figuring out my sn

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 7:17 pm
Anyone?

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 7:23 pm
Taster's Choice is good coffee! Could you buy it online? Or have someone bring it when they visit?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 7:30 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Taster's Choice is good coffee! Could you buy it online? Or have someone bring it when they visit?

I could buy it online but it's easier not to

spring13

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 7:34 pm
Taster's Choice is instant. ANY fresh ground coffee made in a real coffeemaker will be better than that. Target has some pretty good coffee (Archer Farms), or any supermarket should have some decent brands - try a few and see what you like. Trader Joe's has some good coffee grounds also, if you have one of those.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 7:57 pm
spring13 wrote:
Taster's Choice is instant. ANY fresh ground coffee made in a real coffeemaker will be better than that. Target has some pretty good coffee (Archer Farms), or any supermarket should have some decent brands - try a few and see what you like. Trader Joe's has some good coffee grounds also, if you have one of those.

I'd prefer not to as it can get expensive
I'd like to hear from others which is similar

spring13

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:20 pm
amother wrote:
I'd prefer not to as it can get expensive
I'd like to hear from others which is similar

You can't guarantee that you'll like what other people like. Why do you absolutely need an exact brand/type? Plenty of brands sell Colombian blends. Instant coffee and fresh ground don't actually taste exactly the same - fresh is WAY better. So you're not going to be able to replicate the exact flavor that you're thinking of, but you'll probably be better off.

Start with a small package of something medium roast, Colombian is usually marked medium. Just don't get Starbucks Pike Place or anything marked "french roast" or "espresso roast" unless you like your coffee really dark and acrid. Maxwell House is gross also. Like I said, try the Archer Farms ones at Target, or Trader Joe's. Any unflavored coffee beans or grounds are kosher (flavor in the sense of additives needs a hechsher, don't worry if the package mentions notes or hints).

jkw

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:43 pm
this is the one we use on Shabbos --
http://www.amazon.com/Nescafe-.....3SAJE

HTH
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen