Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Babysitting rate

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:39 am
Asking for a friend

What is the going rate for a babysitter in Brooklyn? A baby (very young) being brought to someone's house. The babysitter is not watching other kids baby's at that time?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:46 am
amother wrote:
Asking for a friend

What is the going rate for a babysitter in Brooklyn? A baby (very young) being brought to someone's house. The babysitter is not watching other kids baby's at that time?
The babysitter will be babysitting just this one baby, exclusively?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 9:28 am
amother wrote:
The babysitter will be babysitting just this one baby, exclusively?

Yes

chatz

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:03 pm
I've never heard of someone watching only 1 baby exclusively except if the babysitter has her own kid(s) or is looking for more kids to watch but has only 1 so far.

In my experience, it's $5 or $6 per hour when dropping off a baby at someone's house (brooklyn).

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:15 pm
chatz wrote:
I've never heard of someone watching only 1 baby exclusively except if the babysitter has her own kid(s) or is looking for more kids to watch but has only 1 so far.

In my experience, it's $5 or $6 per hour when dropping off a baby at someone's house (brooklyn).

Tnx

Anyone else?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 2:25 pm
Bump

doctorima

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 3:08 pm
Usually the going rate in the babysitter's house is $6 per hour. I'm not sure how it would change things if this is the only baby.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 3:10 pm
doctorima wrote:
Usually the going rate in the babysitter's house is $6 per hour. I'm not sure how it would change things if this is the only baby.

This is what my friend is trying to find out

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 4:54 pm
amother wrote:
This is what my friend is trying to find out
The going rate is about $12 per hour for a babysitter to come to your home and watch your baby exclusively.

ASAIK, there is no going rate for this to be done in the babysitter's own home. You will need to work it out with the babysitter. My assumption is that the rate would be somewhere between the going rate for taking a baby out to a babysitter's home for group care and the rate for taking a babysitter into your own home for individual attention.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 7:59 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The going rate is about $12 per hour for a babysitter to come to your home and watch your baby exclusively.

ASAIK, there is no going rate for this to be done in the babysitter's own home. You will need to work it out with the babysitter. My assumption is that the rate would be somewhere between the going rate for taking a baby out to a babysitter's home for group care and the rate for taking a babysitter into your own home for individual attention.

So I assume $8/9 Scratching Head

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 10:51 pm
Live in ny and here the rate is 7 to send out. 6 would be a good deal and 8 more pricey. I think bet 6-7 is what u shld expect to pay

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 03 2018, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 10:59 pm
I live in brooklyn and dont think the rate would be more than 8$ per hour.

Leahh

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 11:27 pm
Part of the convenience of having a babysitter in your own home is not having to take the baby out and some light housework being done. Once you have to take the baby out, no matter how many kids there are you lose that convenience so the price shouldn't matter if its 1 baby or 5. Unless the mother is demanding that the babysitter not take other babies. Then she should have to pay more.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 11:44 pm
Also in brooklyn, in my area 6 is max maybe 6.50.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 11:47 pm
depends who is the one that wants only one child, the mother or the babysitter. If the mother wants it bc she wants her child to get full time/individual attention, then yeah she should pay 7-8. But if the babysitter wants to take only one and the mother doesn't care, then no she shouldn't have to pay more than the going rate of 5-6.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics