Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Winter’s here… What do you do with your kids on snow days?

Yael

Post Sat, Dec 13 2014, 6:26 pm

It's 6:00am and your kids are already up. They're dancing in their pajamas around the kitchen and dining room, whooping and shrieking. You slowly make your way out to find out the source of the commotion.

"Mommy!" they exclaim. "It's a snow day!!" You look outside. The world is blanketed in white. You run to check and, sure enough, your cell phone is flashing with a message from your kids' school. You look around and take in the elation on your children's grinning faces, and try to squash your growing panic. Never mind what you'll do about work... what will you do with your kids for twelve hours straight today?!

Wait! Don't panic! Everything you need to fill your day is waiting for you
right here!

First of all, why not let them watch a DVD while you (go back to bed, then) get dressed and drink your coffee?

Next you'll want to daven with your kids. How often do you get to hear them sing all the songs they sing in school?

Entertain them and get in some exercise doing some Step It Up!

Now that they've gotten some energy out, you can cuddle on the couch and read them some of the newest kids books.

After lunch, get some cooking done for Shabbos with your little ones' help! (It's NEVER too early to cook for Shabbos!)

While you clean up the kitchen, put your kids to work practicing their Aleph Beis however suits them best.

Don't forget to make dinner while your kids are busy all day with their puzzles and games.

Let the older kids help the younger kids do these projects. (They can also do special Chanukah themed crafts if it's still the season!)

After dinner, it's time for baths, pajamas, and a last bedtime story.

Before you relax with your own book, make sure to tell your friends about your amazing day!

Never dread a snow day again!

Visit www.judaicaplace.com to make sure you're prepared for every day with your kids!
Have you shopped at Judaica Place? Tell your friends what you think!

Don't forget to use coupon code IMA7837 at checkout to receive a free craft with your order!
LIMITED TIME ONLY! Make sure to take advantage of this special offer by December 27th!

What are you going to do on your next snow day (or Sunday!)?
We'd love to hear how it goes Smile

Sponsored Post

seeker

Post Sat, Dec 13 2014, 10:28 pm
That one snow day must cost about $500... Hope the weather stays clear ;-)

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:12 am
HUH I do like any other day we stay in. They mostly keep occupied, I'm there if needed or wanted. In winter we stay in most Sundays. And on shabbes we make do without even most of these options.

relish

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:47 am
I actually thought it was a cute and creative way of showing their line of products. Go figure!

Dovi'smom

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:50 am
Yeah, let's give them a break. It's a cute promo!

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 11:14 am
Yes, it is cute. I totally agree. And the books/games/etc will last more than one snow day. I was just reacting, like, wow those kids have a really full snow day! Mine would probably hang out in pajamas until noon, at which point if there's enough milk in the house we'd do hot cocoa, and then maybe color...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics