Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What do school bus drivers do during the day?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:25 am
My husband drives school buses he has shifts in morning and afternoon but that alone doesnt bring a weekly income what do bus drivers do during the day that can help bring in more money?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 9:09 am
Is your dh comfortable working in a public school? The elementary schools where I live are always hiring recess monitors who stand outside on the playground and make sure everyone's safe. The job postings say 3 hours max per day, and it would be the time of day your dh needs. It doesn't pay so well though.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 9:40 am
It ve much depends what kind of thing he is interested in.
Handy work.
Car service.
Grocery job.
Shul shamos.
substitute driving / charter bus small trips
Teaching
Personally DH does the bus managing/maintenance but he was doing other things until this was offered.

Amother because of what dh does

babysmum

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:25 am
I know some of them are in kollel, tutor or volunteer. I assume some of them work part time.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:43 am
my kids' drivers do field trips during the day and train other drivers. I often see one of my kid's drivers with her bus in a large parking lot mid-day talking to someone (probably training a new driver).

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:46 am
growing up my bus driver did a few shifts in the same mosdos- bochorim, 2 shifts of girls, he had between 10-2 and worked in a jewelery store doing repairs. My friend's husband is going to school and earning his degree, she said something about him starting to be the teacher in the nursery classroom as soon as he gets his BA for those hours.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:48 am
This is such an eye opening question. I always assumed they just get coffee and donuts and wait for me. Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics