Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need more energy

hello123

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 11:50 am
I work pretty full time and BH have 3 young kids. I find that I have very little energy to do everything that needs to get done. Any suggestions? I know I should eat and sleep better abd prb take vitamins. But wen does one have time for that? Hellllp

chayad1

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 12:12 pm
I completely understand. I have three small children under the age of four and I work three days a week and am in school on Sunday's. I completely sympathize with your situation. It just doesn't feel like there are enough hours in the day and at the end of the day, like by 8, when all my children are in bed, I don't have the energy to do anything that needs to get done. My house is a total mess, my papers don't get done on time etc. I've learned that at times like that, it's important to:
A: swallow my pride and let people help me. So yeah, I have to admit to myself that I'm not superwoman and that I should hire a cleaning lady once a week. I've started to freeze soups and meatballs, hamburgers, etc. so that my supper process is a lot easier and my kids aren't screaming and starving. I've gotten separate hampers for my laundry so that I'm just able to throw the laundry in to the washing machine.. things like that. I've forced myself at nights to plan ahead for the next day. I'm not saying it always works but it's something to think about
B: I've also found that it's important to start doing things for yourself. I know that sounds crazy to take time for yourself when so many other things have to get done...but it will make you feel better.
Hugs and more hugs!
I hope this will help.

debsey

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 2:27 pm
hello123 wrote:
I work pretty full time and BH have 3 young kids. I find that I have very little energy to do everything that needs to get done. Any suggestions? I know I should eat and sleep better abd prb take vitamins. But wen does one have time for that? Hellllp

I've been there.....It's so exhausting, it's not even possible to realize how tiring that is until you do it.
My advice is so Rolling Eyes what your Bubby would say - but it works

You HAVE to prioritize getting to bed on time, even if the house is a wreck and it's the first time of the day you have to straighten up or to schmooze on the phone.

You MUST eat breakfast, that has a protein and complex carb in it. You'll see, if you do those two things, your energy levels will go up.

Hang in there - it DOES get easier
debsey

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 3:54 pm
It's hard with little ones - nothing much to do about that! Check your iron levels though - taking regular supplements (if you need it) makes a HUGE difference. You're still tired.. but it's a whole different level. Speaking from a lot of experience!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics