Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
A new Rachel Pomerantz Book!!!!
1  2  Next

penguin

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 6:58 pm
Orange Groves

I am so excited!

Last edited by penguin on Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:34 pm
penguin wrote:
Orange Groves

I am so excited!

I thought that Ronny was engaged in the last book to one of the twin neighbors, wasn't he?

penguin

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:36 pm
When I get my hands on the new book, I will probably first read the last one or two. Although one was only available as an ebook, IIRC, and I don't know if I still have the link, or if it would work.

chocolate fondue

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 9:21 pm
From the description, it looks like a print version of 'Until Then' which only came out as an e-book. It would be interesting to see if she left anything out or added anything for the print version.

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 10:06 pm
I can never keep track of these things where characters continue from different books Sad Much as I love the idea...

GetReal

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 11:48 pm
Yes it's Till Then in print. I wonder why she changed the title. I thought the old one expressed the point of the book so well.

GetReal

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 11:50 pm
For anyone who read it - does it mention orange groves anywhere?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 10:13 am
GetReal wrote:
Yes it's Till Then in print. I wonder why she changed the title. I thought the old one expressed the point of the book so well.

That's disappointing; I read it (several times) as an e-book. It will also be confusing to most readers as it comes chronologically before the last book of hers that was published.

GetReal

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 10:27 am
I searched the e-book and there are no orange groves. Maybe she changed some things? But from the description it sounds pretty much the same.

penguin

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 3:07 pm
Does anyone have a problem with the fact that Rachel is a professor at Bar Ilan and that Rachel Pomerantz is not her real name?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 3:10 pm
penguin wrote:
Does anyone have a problem with the fact that Rachel is a professor at Bar Ilan and that Rachel Pomerantz is not her real name?

Why should that matter? She isn't the only one who writes anonymously; though it isn't so anonymous any more as she's given out the information herself. She's a great writer. I just wish she'd write more.

Terri

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 3:46 pm
Does anyone know if this book is chronologically before or after Bells and Pomegranates?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 3:47 pm
Terri wrote:
Does anyone know if this book is chronologically before or after Bells and Pomegranates?

If it is the same as the eBook, then it is before.

chocolate fondue

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:02 pm
It comes chronologically after Bells and Pomegranates. Naomi gets married in B&P. She is already married in Till Then/Orange Groves. I think its funny that this book is coming out now, when there are elections coming up in Israel, when the book is about the 1999 Israeli Elections.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:03 pm
It is definitely before whatever was her last book printed. In the eBook, Ronny is struggling with shidduchim and in the last book printed (sorry I am terrible at book names), he gets engaged.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:06 pm
penguin wrote:

I used to be really close to her family, I know her really well. She is very, very charedi - despite the fact that she's a professor. Not sure if I can reveal the whole story but it's pretty crazy. No problem with the penname, lots of authors use that. She doesn't davka hide who she is, either.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:26 pm
amother wrote:
I used to be really close to her family, I know her really well. She is very, very charedi - despite the fact that she's a professor. Not sure if I can reveal the whole story but it's pretty crazy. No problem with the penname, lots of authors use that. She doesn't davka hide who she is, either.

There was a post on this thread that was deleted. Alleging She is a close personal friend of FS aka. Professor JBS

Is this true??

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:52 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
There was a post on this thread that was deleted. Alleging She is a close personal friend of [she-who-must-not-be-named]

Is this true??

I'm not the friend and I didn't see the deleted post, but NaturalMom5, does it matter? It's a small Jewish world. Even if she she is, at least Prof. Pomerantz's work is supposed to be fiction.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:54 pm
There have even been magazine articles about her with her real name (primarily about her professor-life but also mentioning her books & pen name).

GetReal

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:58 pm
Ronny gets engaged in Till Then/Orange Groves. Remember, it's the day of the election and he shows up late because he is volunteering at the polls? So it comes after Bells and Pomegranates.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room