Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
A new Rachel Pomerantz Book!!!!
Previous  1  2

GetReal

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:59 pm
Most of her books were written long before Imamother existed. And I emailed her a few times and it seems she is not on imamother.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:59 pm
GetReal wrote:
Ronny gets engaged in Till Then/Orange Groves. Remember, it's the day of the election and he shows up late because he is volunteering at the polls? So it comes after Bells and Pomegranates.

Could be. It's a while since I've read them, but I was almost certain that the eBook one wasn't the last one.

GetReal

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 5:01 pm
It came out before Bells and Pomegranates so I read it first. Maybe you did too.

debsey

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 11:58 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
There have even been magazine articles about her with her real name (primarily about her professor-life but also mentioning her books & pen name).
she has been pretty open about the fact that as a math professor, when she first began writing fiction, she thought being a novelist would hurt her chance for tenure. She has come forward with her real name and identity - I think she was interviewed for Ami or Mishpacha once.
Newsflash - Ronny, Barbara, Laura, Chaim, Aviva and Danny are not REAL people whom she pulled confessions out of and then fictionalized. Rather, she draws on her own experience as a giores and former foster mother. Nothing wrong with writing anonymously. Something wrong with picking people's brains under false pretenses. Sorry, penguin, the cases do not parallel.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 2:09 am
There have never been any issues regarding Rachel Pomerantz. What difference does it make who her personal friends might be or the fact that she openly uses a pen name, with interviews revealing her real name? There is no deception at play here.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room