Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Massive suicide bombing attempt in Tel Aviv thwarted

blueberries

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 7:57 am
Massive Suicide Bombing in Tel Aviv Thwarted

Shin Bet reveals Arab terror cell planned to disguise Arab woman as pregnant Jewish woman to set off a bomb in the heart of Tel Aviv.

By Ari Yashar
First Publish: 12/15/2014, 1:13 PM

Weapons confiscated from planned attack
Weapons confiscated from planned attackShin Bet

Israel Security Agency (ISA or Shin Bet) revealed on Monday that during October and November security forces arrested several Arab terrorists who were planning a suicide bomb attack in the heart of Tel Aviv.

Those arrested include Yasmin Sha'aban, an Arab woman from Jenin in Samaria, along with four residents of Tulkarm area just over the 1949 Armistice line in Samaria to the east of Netanya.

The five were in touch with a terrorist operative from Gaza who gave them instructions on how to assemble explosives and carry out the attack.

"According to the plot that was hatched, Sha'aban was the designated suicide bomber. She was supposed to carry out the attack with an explosives belt hidden in her cloths while disguised as a pregnant Jewish woman," the Shin Bet said.

According to the Shin Bet investigation, Sha'aban was planning to get an entry permit to sovereign Israeli territory for medical reasons and use it to launch her attack on Israeli civilians.

After arresting the five, security forces seized an improvised M-16 semi-automatic rifle, a hunting rifle, ammunition and explosives. The five confessed to planning the suicide bombing as well as other attacks.

Further detailing the revealed attack plan, Shin Bet noted the terrorists intended to illegally live in an apartment in sovereign Israeli territory to plan the attack. When the attack was to launched, Sha'aban intended to dress up as a pregnant Jewish woman armed with a bomb belt under her clothes and head for Tel Aviv.

In addition to the suicide attack, the terrorists planned to plant a bomb on a bus carrying soldiers, and to kidnap an IDF soldier.

According to the investigation Hamas and Islamic Jihad planned to claim joint responsibility for the attack, indicating their involvement in the planning.

Sha'aban and another suspect have been charged with terrorism at the Samaria District Court.

Shin Bet noted that the arrests illustrate "the high motivation that exists among terror operatives to carry out attacks, with an emphasis on the period after Operation Pillar of Defense." Likewise, it gives further evidence at the active attempts by terrorist organizations in Gaza to expand their activities to Judea and Samaria.

http://www.israelnationalnews......88678

JMM-uc

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:07 am
What??? Sad when will the craziness end?

imaima

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:12 am
Couldn't they just let her explode in a deserted spot?

This is so sickening... Crying

supermom3

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:30 am
imaima wrote:
Couldn't they just let her explode in a deserted spot?
That's what I think. Anyone who was planning on being a suicide bomber should just be blown up. Of course, I don't know what she'll do with her reward of 72 virgins Scratching Head

imaima

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:35 am
supermom3 wrote:
That's what I think. Anyone who was planning on being a suicide bomber should just be blown up. Of course, I don't know what she'll do with her reward of 72 virgins Scratching Head

you never know!

etky

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:39 am
Thank goodness for intelligence.
This is the type of attack that can be thwarted; lone terrorists with knives acting spontaneously are almost unstoppable.
What's especially disturbing is the idea of her being disguised as a pregnant woman. It demonstrates an attempt (not unprecedented but still) to evade the profiling that is so essential to security here.

faigie

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 1:14 pm
Im gonna say something incredibly unpopular.
Those terrorists only understand violence. I say we give it to them. A terrorist is caught? hang um. Publicly. And allow the dead body to rot outside. I would rather have the head removed and put on a spike, and used to decorate the walls of the old city, but hey, who would you get to rip the head off?
Yes, yes I know.. some of you are gonna say not to stoop to that level. I hear you. I also know that they only respond to extreme violence, it's the only thing they respect.
Just as a reminder, didnt King David remove Golyats head? Not 100% sure on that one, but it's whats depicted in all the books.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 1:29 pm
it's a frightening thought

penguin

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 1:29 pm
Just bury them with a pigskin. I recently read it was done some time ago. 1920's? 1940's? And it was very effective.

Barbara

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 1:56 pm
supermom3 wrote:

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 2:10 pm
penguin wrote:
Just bury them with a pigskin. I recently read it was done some time ago. 1920's? 1940's? And it was very effective.

Algeria war. 60s

Sanguine

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 2:12 pm
penguin wrote:
They're not doing the pigskin but they're not returning the bodies for a hero's burial. They're just putting them in some unmarked grave somewhere. (I think they did it, or maybe it just was talk)

etky

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 3:58 pm
Two absurdities in relation to the stabbing at the Rami Levy supermarket near Jerusalem that took place 2 weeks ago:
1. It turns out that the armed security guard checking people at the entrance to the supermarket was a Palestinian from East Jerusalem. Rami Levy claimed to be unaware and surprised that he had an Arab working as a security guard in one of his stores.
2. Palestinians demonstrated near the store today in protest against the more prolonged, comprehensive security checks that they now have to undergo to gain access to the store in which the attack took place.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 4:27 pm
faigie wrote:
Im gonna say something incredibly unpopular.
Those terrorists only understand violence. I say we give it to them. A terrorist is caught? hang um. Publicly. And allow the dead body to rot outside. I would rather have the head removed and put on a spike, and used to decorate the walls of the old city, but hey, who would you get to rip the head off?
Yes, yes I know.. some of you are gonna say not to stoop to that level. I hear you. I also know that they only respond to extreme violence, it's the only thing they respect.
Just as a reminder, didnt King David remove Golyats head? Not 100% sure on that one, but it's whats depicted in all the books.
Respect? You think they will respect us if we do the things you mentioned? Um, no. Not even close. They will just incite more violence. Respect? Yeah, they will respect the Jews when we are all dead. That is their plan.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics