Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Anti-Semitic teen sentenced to Shabbat Dinner

southernbubby

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 6:10 pm
http://www.timesofisrael.com/s.....26729

A fitting punishment.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 6:33 pm
The comments are sad. The world is a crazy place...

oliveoil

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 6:50 pm
I believe something similar was done in New Zealand, for a teen who defaced Jewish gravestones.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 6:53 pm
youngishbear wrote:
The comments are sad. The world is a crazy place...

Many thought that the Jews were making too big of a deal out of it. If a Jewish kid did that however, it would be world headlines and the kid would be put in jail for years.

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:11 pm
Don't you love how the article says "they did not believe the children were targeted because they were Jews"? Who else would they have shouted "Kill the Jews" at, and why would that have been any better? Rolling Eyes

youngishbear

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:18 pm
seeker wrote:
Don't you love how the article says "they did not believe the children were targeted because they were Jews"? Who else would they have shouted "Kill the Jews" at, and why would that have been any better? Rolling Eyes

One of the commenters explained, and I don't know if it's true but it makes sense, that police got the impression that they were a bunch of nogoodnicks who would've targeted whoever crossed their path. They didn't set out to hurt Jews.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 9:32 pm
youngishbear wrote:
One of the commenters explained, and I don't know if it's true but it makes sense, that police got the impression that they were a bunch of nogoodnicks who would've targeted whoever crossed their path. They didn't set out to hurt Jews.

Seriously?

"On August 6, the five youths terrorized a bus in Sydney carrying Jewish students, some as young as 6, with threats of slitting their throats and chants of “Kill the Jews” and “Heil Hitler.”

Yeah, boys will be boys. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 11:10 pm
seeker wrote:

Yeah, he's an equal opportunity hater. He randomly shouted KILL THE JEWS, and a Jewish child happened to be nearby and was afraid. Clearly the fault of the Jewish child, who shouldn't have taken it personally. It was a "general" kill the Jews, as oppopsed to a specific one...... HUH? Silly me I thought that was a SPECIFIC threat.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 11:19 pm
The title contradicts that commenters theory, by the way. I always wondered how the authorities make the decision why something that is clearly a hate crime may not always be classified as such.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 11:44 pm
Who was the "lucky" host who got to have this charmer over for Shabbat dinner?

youngishbear

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 11:52 pm
Word to the wise: whoever hosts him, hold the wine. It seems to not bring out the best in this guy.
And be warned: after this shabbos he may go on to claim that some of his best friends are Jewish.

DrMom

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 2:24 am
zaq wrote:
Who was the "lucky" host who got to have this charmer over for Shabbat dinner?

Maybe the hosts are being punished for some other wrongdoing. Maybe the judge is killing 2 birds with one stone?

Dina_B613

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:11 am
Maybe he was sentenced to dinner with this guy: Friday Night at The Hockers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBoe8SNhbTw
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics