Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
4 month old only sleeps in the swing. Help

solo

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:06 pm
Ds was a miserable infant who needed to be held 24/7. Eventually he started sleeping in the swing? Who knows. He's now a pretty content 4 month old. On a schedule. Who only sleeps in his swing:(
The crib is right next to his swing. Elevated mattress. When he's in the swing it's off. But he just screams. I'm worried if I don't make the switch now it'll be too late. Help

freshair

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:34 pm
My baby slept in a swing until he started jumping out of it (around 6 months). He loved it in there and slept very well. When he was ready for his crib I switched him to the other room and shut the door completely. He now (almost, depending on the night but not more than once he is almost 9 months ba"h) sleeps through the night and I have more calmost nights. Keep him in the swing. He will tell you when he is ready for a crib.

mandr

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:41 pm
Can you conveniently lose the swing? Just hide it somewhere, anywhere where your baby can't see it and long for it. He'll cry the first few times in the crib, but that's fine. It's just a transitional phase. Babies learn remarkably quickly when it comes to these things.

Babies go through this when they need to move out of the parents' bedroom, or out of mommy's bed, or from small crib to large crib (my baby had this).

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:42 pm
DD was the same way. Just leave him alone, he'll be fine. A sleeping baby is a happy baby - and a happy mama.

As he gets older, try using the cribs for naps, and he'll figure it out eventually.

mandr

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:43 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
DD was the same way. Just leave him alone, he'll be fine. A sleeping baby is a happy baby - and a happy mama.

As he gets older, try using the cribs for naps, and he'll figure it out eventually.

That may have been the case for you dd, but I can imagine that the quality of sleep in a bed is very different from the quality of sleep in a swing (where they cannot turn over and move around much).

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 8:44 pm
My son only napped in the swing, and for way longer. Eventually he was able to nap in the crib, and it wasn't a difficult transition.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics