Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Post yeshiva education / vocation options

amother

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 11:22 pm
My ds will be returning from EY where he is doing one year of post high school yeshivah. I would like to hear if anyone of you have some suggestions of good educational or vocational programs for him. This child is 19yr old, yeshiva educated but it's not HIS hashkafa - he is not the serious learner type. He has severe learning disabilities and managed to get thru school with tutoring. He is personable, charismatic, loves music (it's his main interest), a good "salesman". He needs real skills to make parnossa and BH support a family someday (he needs to mature before shidduch). I don't see him going the typical collage/university track - there is too much general ed that I think he would give up on. This kid is a bit "OTD" and needs to be doing something productive that will keep his interest. Preferably the program would be in the Los Angeles area. I plan to look into ORT, JETS, Touro, UCLA Extension. Do anyone of you have any thoughts/experience with these schools or suggestions?

I prefer not to post as another but I want to respect my ds privacy.

TIA!!!

doctorima

Post Mon, Dec 15 2014, 11:54 pm
Not in the LA area, but there's a yeshiva in Lancaster, PA that's supposed to be perfect for what you're describing, teaching the boys real professional trade skills, while still making sure they learn.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics