Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Time zone

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 12:35 pm
what time zone am I in ... is it really chanuka tonight ?!?!?!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 6:50 pm
llllllll <-------------------- that is a menorah for you
happy chanukah -
yes it is Chanukah tonight ! Very Happy Cheers Music you can now sing I had a little dreidel

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 7:51 pm
The jet lag zone, maybe.

amother because this is embarrassing and also I told some people the story:

One of the people at work asked me today if I was going to be doing a lot of cooking and baking. I thought that was an odd question out of nowhere so I said no. Then this nonJewish person said "you mean you're not going to celebrate the holiday?" In a flash I realized that tonight is first night of Chanuka. It had completely slipped my mind. Normally I have the house decorated and the menorah set up at least afew days in advance. And you know WHY it slipped my mind and nothing got done? because I've been hanging out on imamother, that's why.

boysrus

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 11:49 pm
greenfire wrote:
what time zone am I in ... is it really chanuka tonight ?!?!?!

I know what you mean. It's becasue you have been so involved with other happy occasions BH that you have not had time to think about chanukah coming, probably. Lehavdil, my friend told me that when she got up from shiva for a close relative two days before chanukah, she was suddenly shocked when chanukah came, she had totally forgotten it was happening becasue she was so involved with other stuff...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics