Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Which Was (Is) Baby's Favorite Pacifier 0-6 mos.

Which Was/Is Your Baby's Favorite Paci
Philips Avent SOOTHIE  
 10%  [ 4 ]
Philips Avent FREE FLOW  
 10%  [ 4 ]
MAM  
 50%  [ 20 ]
Tulip (Israel)  
 5%  [ 2 ]
None of the above (specify)  
 25%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 40

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 4:11 pm
I want to see if there are common denominators. My baby seems to have a strong preference for one paci (refused another one I gave). I am curious about other babies and which pacis are worth trying.

My baby likes MAM if anyone knows of similar ones that are cheaper, that's also helpful.

bargainlover

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 5:34 pm
used MAM too. target is cheap, less than $5 for 2

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 5:35 pm
Nuk

youngishbear

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 5:53 pm
Mam and avent are both expensive. My kids love them because theyre symmetrical, the
same shape whichever way they take them in.

The nuks aren't.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 6:21 pm
I had three kids that I only gave nuk pacifiers too. They all loved them and didn't give them up until I took them away at age three.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 7:54 pm
another mother with three NUK lovers

kb

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 8:34 pm
A mother with three kids who wouldn't take any pacifier. What am I doing wrong? Sad

justforfun87

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 9:07 pm
My three month old likes the MAM. I find she keeps it in much longer than the other ones.

busydev

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 11:57 pm
my first took Nuk, my second I gave Mam to because I didnt want them to have the same type (for when I would wean #1 from the paci)

well... #1's paci was thrown out when he turned 3... and he has no problem using his brother's smaller Mam.... but the time that we lost the Mam #2 would not take a fresh Nuk leftover from his brothers younger days...

rachel6543

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 12:17 am
Nuk

Iymnok

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 2:46 am
The cheapest, B"H!
And he switches

cinnamon

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 7:03 am
Avent because I liked the way they looked Smile
Oh and they used the smallest size throughout. Even the five year old (yes my oldest used a paci till she was almost six) At one point I had four kids all with 0-6 size Avent pacifiers. And then I had four kids with no pacifiers at all... Pale

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 7:25 am
http://www.suavinex.com/en/pro......html

Suavinex. The only pacifires my kids would take. I mean - they wouldn't take pacis at all until I found these.Plus they only take the smallest ones. The one in the link.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 7:53 am
kb wrote:
A mother with three kids who wouldn't take any pacifier. What am I doing wrong? Sad

It always involved a training process IME. That sounds crazy right? Yup, it pretty much is Very Happy

sbmom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 3:44 pm
MAM

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 4:39 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
It always involved a training process IME. That sounds crazy right? Yup, it pretty much is Very Happy

I totally agree. When my baby was born, I didn't really want her to take pacis, so I didn't really try. I didn't want me or her to be totally dependent on a piece of plastic! Then, at around 2 mos., she started to cry a lot and when I put the paci in, she would refuse it and we'd go back and forth, in and out, but once she kept it in, she clunked out. I kept trying this, but it was like a war. I would laugh and say either she or I won the battle. I wouldn't have done this if it bothered her, but she greatly enjoyed the act of the paci scratching her tongue when she spat it out so she didn't start crying when I kept putting it back in.
The only paci she would occasionally take was this generic paci my mother had brought me. I didn't want to waste money trying pacis (good ones are expensive in Israel) so I decided to wait til I went to America (baby was 3 mos.) After a few seconds of adjustment, the baby was totally hooked on the Soothie and always took it but it sometimes fell out of her mouth. Then, I introduced the MAM as I said in the OP and they were best friends. Now she spits it out purposely to smile at me or make noises (5 mos. old), but when she wants it, she takes it! And yes, we are totally dependent on it!
I ran this survey b/c my friend is expecting bs"t and I told her to have her mom bring Mams and she said, aren't pacis subjective? I answered that some pacis have a better "tract-record" than others and as I can see from my survey, I was right Smile A baby may take a cheaper paci (MAM is expensive here in Israel), but will generally not refuse a MAM.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics