Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Cuba Releases Alan Gross After Five Years in Prison

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:17 am
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics.....36767

Quote:
American contractor Alan Gross has landed in the U.S. after being released earlier today from a Cuban prison where he had been held for five years.

In a landmark humanitarian prisoner exchange to be announced by President Obama today at the White House, the agreement was reached following more than a year of secret back channel talks at the highest levels of both governments.

Today’s release of Gross, 65, who is said to be in poor physical condition, represents a first step toward normalizing relations with the neighbor just 90-miles off the Florida coast....

youngishbear

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:20 am
Boruch Hashem!! I just got around to reading Mishpacha's cover story on his situation, feeling all sad that he's wasting away. B"H such good news this morning!

devash1

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 10:26 am
What a Chanukah miracle!

rae gi

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 11:08 am
Wonderful news! Thanks for posting.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 2:13 pm
I am so happy! It was posted on my family's whatsapp!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 4:55 pm
Yes, I'm thrilled, as I indicated on the Tehillim thread. But with all the buzz about how this may not be such a good deal, paves the way for other hostages, etc. (yes, there is such buzz out there), please, when you say birchas hachodesh this week, have in mind that Hashem should send plenty of yeshuos our way, and that they not be mixed blessings, I.e. in need of nechamos.

ETA: Marco Rubio, who doesn't think the overtures to Cuba were of value because, as he said, the several dozen Cuban political prisoners who were released today might just end up in jail again tomorrow as they get back to business, has no problem with the Alan Gross release and wishes him well. So while I think my upteich of Birchas Hachodesh might be of value, b"H I don't think there will be fallout from this. I've just spent the day really happy, enjoying hearing his voice on soundbites, said the bracha of gevuros (which includes matir assurim) with more kavana than usual this mincha. May we all see the yeshuos we need, and the ultimate one. soon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics