Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
3 yr old not sleeping.

solo

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 7:51 am
Ds has always been a poor sleeper. for the past many months I have settled for having him in bed at 7. HE used to be asleep by 715/730. But lately will lay away until past 8. He wakes 5/530 am.
For the past week he has been waking multiple times in middle of the night.
Are mellow chews the answer? Any other ideas???
We're all exhausted. His eyes r red. He's irritable all day

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 9:02 am
Why is he not sleeping? Is he nervous? Is he going to bed too early? Some kids are not good sleepers. I say that because I never slept through a night... and still do not. I am used to it and learned lots of tricks to "beat the night." My mother bought me many special nighttime games to keep me busy at night and always had water near my bed. Now, if I cannot sleep, I do work and then try to go back to bed later. My friend's 5 children all each get up at least 2 times a night. They are sometimes tired, but sometimes not. They do not wake other people because they are used to their "nighttime" nature and know how to keep themselves busy until they fall back asleep.

Maybe your son needs more sleep, but I would not discuss it or put more pressure on sleeping at all. Doing so will only make it harder to sleep. I'd get him things to do alone at night. And teach him to try to fall asleep again. Maybe he needs a nap in the afternoon? Or maybe try putting him to sleep later. Does he have pin worms? Or nightmares? Address any underlying issues. Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics