Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Number for bris

amother

Post Wed, Dec 17 2014, 1:29 pm
How do you give the caterer a number of people to set up for when making a bris if you cannot technically invite people to a bris. Many people do not say whether or not they are coming, or if they will be bringing kids. We are IYH making a very late bris soon that was unable to happen on time due to medical reasons. It falls out on a Sunday and we have no idea how many people will come or will bring kids. If everyone brings their kids it will be extremely crowded since the room only holds up to 200 people comfortably and we are inviting about 250- that 250 is not including people who may come uninvited since I am hearing that many people want to come to this bris who we would not have thought to invite. We do not want to pay for more than 200 people but the caterer says he does not want to look bad if a lot more people show up and there is not enough food...we are not sure how to handle this. Any ideas??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics